Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 08-22-2012, 09:06 AM

Default only acoustic sound in protools

Hey there got my 11r .
Just playing stand alone love the Bogner Blue.
I load up pro tools see the window and 11r editor is ok.
As soon as i select a track and go in to arm the only sound I am getting is a clean acoustic type sound .I lose the patch when trying to record.

I should mention this is all headphones as i do not have studio monitors.
So I have the bogner model on headphones. I want to record a track in protools with a basic Drum beat and then listen back through the phones.

How do I do this . it is a Mac and PT 8le
Old 08-22-2012, 09:14 AM

Default Re: only acoustic sound in protools

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr37 View Post
As soon as i select a track and go in to arm the only sound I am getting is a clean acoustic type sound
What did you choose for the INPUT of the track? Sounds like you chose GUITAR. GUITAR is the dry guitar sound, the single going IN to the internal processing of the Eleven Rack. For the amplified sound you want the output of that signal which is ELEVEN RIG (L/R or L or R)
Quote:
I lose the patch when trying to record.
I don't know what that means. Can you clarify what you mean by "I lose the patch" - in what way? It disappears from the 11R? or do you mean you can't hear the amp/cab/effects?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2021
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 AM

Thats makes sense ..I thought guitar meant front input on 11r.

Honestly I just need to read the pro tools tutorial I think unless you have a simple on line steps for basic track.

I have never touched PT only garage band .I am a Mac user and I don't think I really even know how to track correctly or record into pro tools yet .there are so many options .lol

Sorry for being a newb I have always been a tube amp guy with lil intrest in recording

****Beoni that fixed the initial issue with I/0 .When I arm the track I now hear the rig output .Problem is i only have 2 window 11r editor and track window I dont see a record start stop little window anymore .I am using new session blank should I be using Template???
Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
****Beoni that fixed the initial issue with I/0 .When I arm the track I now hear the rig output .Problem is i only have 2 window 11r editor and track window I dont see a record start stop little window anymore .I am using new session blank should I be using Template???
Can you explain what you mean "you only have 2 windows"?

From what I understand, and if I'm wrong just explain further, you are saying that you only have the Edit Window and 11R editor on screen? Or are you saying that in the edit window tool bar you are not seeing your other tools like the hand, pencil, zoom, ect...?

The "window with record, stop, start/play" is called the Transport. You can have a floating transport window and/or a transport at the top of the Edit window.

If you closed your floating transport, you can open it again by clicking on WINDOW in the file bar (very top of the screen) and "checking" TRANSPORT. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+1 (Windows, on numeric keypad), on Mac, Command+1 (on numeric keypad), the keyboard shortcut will be listed next to the TRANSPORT option in the WINDOW menu.

You can enable the TRANSPORT in the Edit window by click the little down arrow at the top left of the edit window and check TRANSPORT, then if you want go back to that menu and choose Expanded Transport.

You can switch between the Mix and Edit Windows quickly with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+= on Mac I think its Command+=
Or even better, hookup a second computer monitor and have both windows open all the time.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2021
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio