Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Public Beta: December 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds1001 View Post
I'm not interesting in being a beta tester, per se, as I'm working and need PT to work, but I'm curious about these new version. If I want bug fixes in the NON-beta version do I have to download the whole thing and just not set it to beta mode or something along those lines? Does seem kind of bloated.
It defaults to launch "non-beta" mode. To enable native you need to select the app, Get Info, and uncheck Rosetta.
Old 12-27-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausiii View Post
But Softube shows up in the list but doesn't work.
yes Softube not working despite uninstall via Softube Central , BETA reboot and close, then new install.

Valhalla latest builds working, Soundtoys, many others (although having an M1 ultra I've been updating as much as possible generally over the last few months before this BETA) - shout out to Macupdater again as recommended on this forum

I think re Fabfilter et al not working like U-HE said they were silicon on everything but AAX when PT was ready - and now PT is out hopefully soon. Waves AAX appeared today and that seems to work well.

good work Avid, gotta say great how PT has turned around over the last few years after that really horrible few year patch
and good on the fixes for non BETA, back to work next week and will give Melodyne another full go in it's ARA form after those fixed glitches
Old 12-27-2022, 11:42 AM

Funnily enough, Dynamic Plug-In Processing seems to work better at 64 samples buffer than at 512. I can't seem to get 32 samples to work at all with DPP enabled. Turn off DDP and I can run a ton of UADx at 32 samples.

... and I wish we were given user-control over the "ramp-down" time when an audio clip is finished. It seems too long a hold-time after the clip has finished playing - especially if it's just a simple EQ or compressor. I understand for reverbs or delays, but c'mon ... 10 seconds to ramp down the CPU usage ?
Old 12-27-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausiii View Post
Soundtoys works here!
But Softube shows up in the list but doesn't work.
The only scanning error is with softube.
My older versions also showing up but don't load.
So I updated all today but they are not passing the scanning process (not valid 64 bit ...)

Anyone having luck with softube latest versions?
Old 12-27-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
It defaults to launch "non-beta" mode. To enable native you need to select the app, Get Info, and uncheck Rosetta.
Right on. I'm having some weirdness in my PT rig (just rebuilt one on a Mac Studio) but I'll wait a version or two more before updating PT just to make sure you guys find all the bugs, haha.
Old 12-27-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimmons View Post
Valhalla latest builds working

Strange, I'm using the latest Valhalla build, 2.2.8 (Mac) and it shows up as an exception (only visible under Rosetta).
Old 12-27-2022, 11:56 AM

Dancing Mouse bug still there,using M1 or Rosetta, at least for me. Simple fix is to resize the edit window. Kinda got used to doing that so no biggie.
Lynx Aurora 16n Thunderbolt
Old 12-27-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
Well, it works . . . but nearly all my plugins disappear of course in native mode. (SSL...
SSL seems to be lagging behind native M1 support in general, not just AAX. I have a few of their plugs and most of them aren't even native in the VST3 or AU format, either. Only ones I own that have ARM support in AAX are Native Bus Compressor 2 and Native Channel Strip 2. All the "Fusion" and "X" stuff that has been in the recent blowout sales are non-native across all formats.
Old 12-27-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
The only scanning error is with softube.
My older versions also showing up but don't load.
So I updated all today but they are not passing the scanning process (not valid 64 bit ...)

Anyone having luck with softube latest versions?
I'm having the same issues. Console 1 and all my Softube stuff is no-go. I suspect this is going to require a fix from Softube. I'm pretty sure they must be on it by now.
Old 12-27-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
Waiting with baited breath on this one...

C
I made a little test session with 5 Softsynth (Cherry Audio Mercury4 & Dreamsynth) and many FX plug ins (waves, ...) and good particle, .. on the master bus:

Native: 30-40% CPU
Rosetta: 40-50% CPU

This is a 25-33% improvement.

One good thing I detected was, when I "record enable" a Instrument track and play some notes while running the session the CPU load is not getting higher. It even getting a little bit lower?!?

So when I play midi in this session the CPU was:

native: 30%
rosettas: 45-50%

A good starting point !
Closed Thread