Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room

Old 07-28-2012, 11:21 PM

Default Help with Strike.

Hello Guys,

To cut a long story short, last year I purchased Strike 2nd hand, but, due to an extreme amount of bad health and really great doctors, was unable to use the product, or even ProTools or play an instrument much at all. Having doctors who are completely stupid doesn't help matters much - I am still having problems with my hearing 2 months after having an inner ear infection - the doctors verdict ... nothing appears wrong .

So I decided to knuckle down regardless. Now the problem is this, most of Strike seems to work just fine, the sounds are good, love the use of the complexity, so the drumming doesn't sound robotic, and I understand how to make use of the presets and do small editing and saving the preset for use in my own projects, but, there are some sounds in the drum kits that just don't make a sound.

For instance, cymbal crashes, handclaps, tambourines, maracas, "hats" etc, in the instrument list refuse to sound, and to be honest I need cymbal crashes and handclaps specifically for my metal and hip-hop projects. Does anyone have and idea as to why this would be happening? Any tips to rectify that problem would be greatly appreciated?

And also any instructions on how do you add drum sounds to the drum list, that are not currently in the preset, would also be greatly appreciated. For instance, how do I add a "Rimshot", "KickLng", "claves", "echo FX", "El Hats", etc, to a drum preset? And how do I go about creating my own presets?
EDIT: That was fixed by a case of RTFM . Still can't get the sounds above sounding though!

To anyone who can help here is a big "thankyou" in advance.

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Help with Strike.

Your welcome.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Help with Strike.

youtube.com and Russ's airusersblog are sources of excellent tutorial videos.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave