Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2021, 04:17 PM

Default HD Omni Not Found After 2021.6

Pro Tools (the Mac in general) isn't recognizing my HD Omni after the 2021.6 update. Anyone else? HD Driver issues? Anyone have any ideas on what I can try? I've re-installed 3 times. Thanks, all.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:48 PM

Default Re: HD Omin Not Found After 2021.6

I've tried everything from this page...

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...__2&popup=true

The only thing that temporarily works is the first suggestion of...

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext

...but on restart, it's broken again.

I am running Big Sur on a 2017 15" MBP and have never run into this issue. I tried reinstalling 2021.3.1 but the problem still persists so I went back to 2021.6.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:47 AM

Default Re: HD Omni Not Found After 2021.6

hey Garnoch,

i had a similar problem and got this info from Avid:

This issue is caused by the security protocol of the new OSX Big Sur.

Please try to disable the SIP of your Mac and test if the issue will still occur.

Shutdown computer.

1. Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold these two keys: Command (⌘) and R.
2. Release the keys when you see an Apple logo, spinning globe, or other startup screen.

How to turn off System Integrity Protection in macOS

3. Click Utilities.
4. Select Terminal.
5. Type csrutil disable .
6. Press Return or Enter on your keyboard.

Run the script in the terminal once more: sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext

You may also try uninstalling and re-installing the driver if the issue persist after disabling SIP.

i had a problem not being able to disable the SIP when starting my mac in recovery mode with Command-R,
but got it to work with internet recovery Option-Command-R.

also, once you've gone through the steps, you might want to turn on the SIP again in the terminal (csrutil enable).

hope this helps,

U
Old 06-25-2021, 07:15 AM

Default Re: HD Omni Not Found After 2021.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by uijui View Post
hey Garnoch,

i had a similar problem and got this info from Avid:

This issue is caused by the security protocol of the new OSX Big Sur.

Please try to disable the SIP of your Mac and test if the issue will still occur.

Shutdown computer.

1. Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold these two keys: Command (⌘) and R.
2. Release the keys when you see an Apple logo, spinning globe, or other startup screen.

How to turn off System Integrity Protection in macOS

3. Click Utilities.
4. Select Terminal.
5. Type csrutil disable .
6. Press Return or Enter on your keyboard.

Run the script in the terminal once more: sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext

You may also try uninstalling and re-installing the driver if the issue persist after disabling SIP.

i had a problem not being able to disable the SIP when starting my mac in recovery mode with Command-R,
but got it to work with internet recovery Option-Command-R.

also, once you've gone through the steps, you might want to turn on the SIP again in the terminal (csrutil enable).

hope this helps,

U

Thank you so much. I had tried something else before seeing this and fixed thanks to glogulus2003.

Booted into recovery mode with Command-R, then in Terminal did this...

mount -uw "/Volumes/Macintosh HD"

(Return)

kmutil trigger-panic-medic --volume-root "/Volumes/Macintosh HD"

(Return)

Restart

It appeared to work, but then after reboot, I simply got one single pop up telling me "Panic Medic Boot" and that all third party kernel extension were disabled and would need to be approved "as they are used". I went to Security in System Prefs and there was no Option button with a list to approve. I couldn't get it to work. I rebooted again and the "Panic Medic Boot" message did not pop up and I appeared back to where I started.

Then I tried to reinstall the HD Driver again and this time I got multiple popups about extensions needing to be approved. I went to System Pref/Security and had an Option button to check off th extensions to approve including Avid. After restarting from the HD Driver install, everything worked.

I do have a new issue though since using the Terminal. Three times now my Mac doesn't want to restart. After waiting a bit (while it looks fully shut down), I have to hold the power button as if I'm forcing a shut down, then I can start it up fine.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415834&page=14