Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-14-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Need Help With Loop Playback/Cursor Problem

Hi All,

Suddenly I'm having a problem getting loop playback to work (it was working yesterday). Here's what's happening:

-When I highlight a section in a playlist & check loop playback, it plays from the beginning of the track right through the selection & just keeps on going.

-Playback starts from the beginning of the track no matter where I place the cursor.

-The Transport reads 1/1/00 no matter where I place the cursor. (I have to type in a starting point if I want to start playback from anywhere other than 1/1/00.)

-When I select a section to loop, or place my cursor anywhere, it does show the info in the Event part of the Edit window (the start/end/length), but does not show in the Transport window .

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

dj

Mbox 2 Pro w/ LE 7.3.1
Old 10-14-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Need Help With Loop Playback/Cursor Problem

Is Link Timeline and Edit Selection enabled, dj?

filosofem
Old 10-14-2007, 11:41 PM

Aha! No, it wasn't. Working fine now that it is. Thanks filosofem!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 PM

dj, I see your running version 7.3, have you tried 'Dynamic Transport'.

Check out these videos if you haven't already. Pro Tools Accelerated Videos - Pro Tools 7.3 - Dynamic Transport

filosofem
Old 10-15-2007, 12:18 AM

One more thing, dj, if you can afford it, I highly recommend you invest in the printed Pro Tools 7.3 Reference Guide.

You'll find that the ability to read this anywhere, only acts as a catalyst to your Pro Tools learning!

filosofem
Old 10-15-2007, 02:00 AM

Yep. Those Accelerated Videos are the bomb. Make my head spin just a little bit, but lots of fun. I'll check out Dynamic Transport asap since you recommend it.

I'm reading Pro Tools For Musicians & Songwriters right now - after that I'll have a better grip on PT so I think it will be easier for me to dig in to the reference guide (as you know - I need to ) . Great suggestion getting a printed one.

Big huge thanks for your support filosofem! Hope all's well down there...

dj
Old 10-21-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Need Help With Timeline Insertion Playback/Cursor Problem

hello all-

so suddenly, last week the "timeline insertion follows play back " thing stopped working on all my pro toll le 7.3 files. (i have a mac i book G4)

the button is definitely clicked in the "preferences" section and also the "link timeline and edit selection" thing is definitely clicked in options, but still no luck.

when you press "play" then "stop" it just starts up after where you stopped.

total bummer.

every book & message board says if i just do the "timeline insertion follows play back " thing and the "link timeline and edit selection" thing, it should work, but it doesn't.

i've tried uninstalling and re-installing pro tools and downloading demo files that should have that enabled and saving them as templates. neither thing worked.

any ideas?

making me nuts.

-adam