Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2009, 07:11 AM

Default Trying to make keyboard shortcut for insert/sends F-J works for edit window only!

Hi,

I have used the keyboards shortcut utility in the mac system prefs/keyboard and mouse to create various key commands, but for some reason the 2 i have created for opening and closing inserts and sends F-J will only work in the edit window and its the mix window thats getting too convoluted to view everything!!

Anyone find a way to get key shortcuts for opening and closing said functions

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Trying to make keyboard shortcut for insert/sends F-J works for edit window only!

I have done it with quickkeys, it's pretty easy to do because views are in a menu. Did you want me to send you a vid on how to do it?

Pro Tools 10 HD Native | Mbox 3 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.3 i5 | OSX 10.7.4

Pro Tools Music & Post Operator V6-8, Instructor, and Expert ICON Mixer Certified.
Multi-Platinum Pro Tools Videos
Old 01-29-2009, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Trying to make keyboard shortcut for insert/sends F-J works for edit window only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

I have used the keyboards shortcut utility in the mac system prefs/keyboard and mouse to create various key commands, but for some reason the 2 i have created for opening and closing inserts and sends F-J will only work in the edit window and its the mix window thats getting too convoluted to view everything!!
On PC I'm able to select these views individually. It sounds like the unique ID command numbers got changed. There should be separate command ID numbers on the Mac for the Mix Window. I noticed on PC that some of the command numbers in the main menu on PC got changed, which may also be the case for Mac so have a look in that area.

Hope that helps.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-29-2009, 11:55 AM

I think you are right Shane, I know i had to redo a bunch of my quickeys to work proper after the upgrade.

Pro Tools 10 HD Native | Mbox 3 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.3 i5 | OSX 10.7.4

Pro Tools Music & Post Operator V6-8, Instructor, and Expert ICON Mixer Certified.
Multi-Platinum Pro Tools Videos
Old 01-30-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilElfBoy View Post
I have done it with quickkeys, it's pretty easy to do because views are in a menu. Did you want me to send you a vid on how to do it?
Hi,

Thanks for the offer! unfortunately i don't use quickeys.

i'm still a bit confused why it works on thee edit page and not the mix window! and surprised the Digi didn't write a shortcut for this

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.