Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2009, 04:26 PM

Question Weird, inconsistent Loop playback - WTF???

Hi All:

I'm perplexed by the looping feature in Protools. I have loop playback selected as indicated by the play icon with the loop arrow showing.

If I select a region, sometimes it will loop, othertimes it will not. At first I thought the loop feature only applied to a single region and not a selection comprised of many smaller regions, but this too does not seem to be consistent.

Right now, in the file I have open, I can not get anything to loop on playback. The selected region simply plays once and then stops. Rather annoying for drum programming.

I have tried highlighting a chunk via the global tracks at the top, selecting a region and highlighting multiple regions. None of these seem to aid looping.

Yet sometime the program loops just fine.....

Any insight into this issue?

Thanks

R
Old 07-07-2009, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Weird, inconsistent Loop playback - WTF???

Do you have a track in record when it won't loop? That is one predictable way to not have looped playback even when "Loop Playback" is enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymoran View Post
Hi All:

I'm perplexed by the looping feature in Protools. I have loop playback selected as indicated by the play icon with the loop arrow showing.

If I select a region, sometimes it will loop, othertimes it will not. At first I thought the loop feature only applied to a single region and not a selection comprised of many smaller regions, but this too does not seem to be consistent.

Right now, in the file I have open, I can not get anything to loop on playback. The selected region simply plays once and then stops. Rather annoying for drum programming.

I have tried highlighting a chunk via the global tracks at the top, selecting a region and highlighting multiple regions. None of these seem to aid looping.

Yet sometime the program loops just fine.....

Any insight into this issue?

Thanks

R
Old 07-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Evergreen Audio Design Group

There are a few things you might want to check...

Pro Tools will only loop if the play selection is greater than or equal to 1/2 second. I would guess this is not your problem, but I thought I would mention it.

Do you have your edit and play selections linked?
We loop on play selections by default rather than edit selections.

Are you in "Dynamic Transport" mode?
Right click on the play button or loop under the Operations menu. This can make looping work a little different. It takes into account the little blue triangle and where that lines up to the play selection.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:43 AM

Other thing to check accidently hit n key?
Tamas Dragon