Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 09-06-2017, 12:20 AM

Default Hotkey/MIDI Message to switch Touchscreen Softkeys on Artist Control + PT | Control

Hi, long time lurker, first time member. Feels good.

What I want to know, is there anyway I can get Eucontrol to respond to a script or hotkey or MIDI message that is not directly integrated into Eucontrol?

I'm using my Artist Series units with a couple apps that don't support EUCON protocol, and I want to know if there's a way that I can change the touchscreen page on my Artist Control or the PT Control App with like a keyboard shortcut or MIDI message or some other external command, as happens when I use my surface with Logic or PT.

Is this possible?
Old 09-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Avid

Default Re: Hotkey/MIDI Message to switch Touchscreen Softkeys on Artist Control + PT | Contr

You should be able to make a new Softkey Appset for any application. Just make sure you are focused on whatever App you want and go to the Softkey Programmer and add Keyboard shortcuts to some keys. Then when you switch between App the Softkeys will be relevant to the App's (As long as you dont have any Apps locked)
Old 09-07-2017, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Hotkey/MIDI Message to switch Touchscreen Softkeys on Artist Control + PT | Contr

Hi Eddie

Opposite direction. Say I am in the scenario of working with a musician or someone else. They've never used a surface before and are more comfortable with a mouse. But I have all my softkeys doing complex macros and want access to them at all times. Say they've opened the mixer in a DAW and the DAW sends MIDI or EUCON feedback to eucontrol that it is open. I'm looking for a way to make that DAW feedback switch my surface to an appropriate touchscreen page without having to touch the surface basically, so that if they're using the mouse I can still get at my appropriate softkey pages with minimal fuss. Or alternatively, the ability to switch the softkey pagesusing a physical keyboard shortcut, which could be tethered to any other software using sometime like Keyboard Maestro or Autohotkey.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Avid

I get you. What I said would work for 1 page per Application. There's no way to change pages after that 1 page though.