Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2008, 04:44 PM

Default Sample rate error during playback?

Hi,

I'm running Mac OSX on a 2x3 ghz dual core intel mac.
4gb ram and PT 7.4.

I did a voice record using PT HD with a 192 i/o. Recorded at 48/24 wav. All session long the project was perfect. At the end of my session everything went haywire. I went to export some files to mp3 and the next thing I know all my audio files are playing too fast and too high pitched. I haven't figured out what's going on, but it seems like somehow, someway, the session jumped from 44/16 to 48/24 and back again, resulting in the incorrect sample rate playing everything too fast and too high pitched. What could cause this? I've never seen this before and I can't seem to fix it.

Important thing to note is that in my session setup, it's alway set to clock sources as SYNC andd clock reference as video references SD. But for some reason it just changed to Loop Sync. But why/how?

I've played with exporting at different rates to other PT sessions and OMFs and only once did things get fixed. And that is when we brought the session from an OMF to a 44.1/16bit new PT session. But it only worked once and is not repeating to fix the rest of the problem.

Any help out there?

Thanks,

Lou