Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 11-14-2020, 09:07 AM

Default Re: User tips for D command & D control

My D-Command is working great with 2020.9.1. I'm not planning on leaving ICON any time soon. Even after PT stops supporting it I'll probably stay on that version for as long as I can before I'm forced to upgrade. It's just such a big part of my workflow. It's going to be a hard transition to leave it.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:00 PM

...just picked up a second hand D-Command 24-fader plus XMon in awesome condition and can confirm plugin mapping works perfectly in Pro Tools 2020.11 Ultimate.

Thanks to everyone for this great thread

www.sharpesound.com.au
Old 12-22-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydpik View Post
So 10 years later... :) Are these boards still working properly and compatible with the latest Pro Tools updates? I'm interested in getting plugin mapping for mixing with my hands instead of the computer mouse. But these boards are old and AVID not supporting them anymore. So I was just wondering if you are still happy with the D-command/C24, or have you all moved on to newer controllers? Thanks a lot! :)
I just moved from Pro Control to a D command, using current version of pro tools. It's amazing. I can't believe i waited so long. It's a deep learning curve as far as getting ALL of the functionality, but i keep watching the videos and reading this thread (the greatest thread of all time). I tried an S1 and it lasted about 5 minutes. D command rules.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I just moved from Pro Control to a D command, using current version of pro tools. It's amazing. I can't believe i waited so long. It's a deep learning curve as far as getting ALL of the functionality, but i keep watching the videos and reading this thread (the greatest thread of all time). I tried an S1 and it lasted about 5 minutes. D command rules.
yep, Ive managed to put together a 40 Fader D-Command ES setup together now, to replace my old(er) Pro Control setup. I love it.

Fingers crossed it will stay compatible for a long as possible. even if unsupported.

There was no way I could have ever afforded a similar S6 setup, but AVID still get my ££ anyway as I've stayed in the ecosystem & bought an Ultimate licence.

I'll continue paying to keep ultimate up to date as long as it works with the D-Command.

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 02-02-2021, 10:27 AM

Beyond a few software implemented features the EUCON protocol has in general, I vastly prefer the ICON range, specifically the Dcommand. I actually wouldn't take an S-series worksurface over the dcommand. But there is one feature 'folder spill' I wish was supported by Icon surfaces.

30" Cinema Display | Adam S3a and Dali MS-4 with Krell KAV-400xi amplifier | Lynx Aurora HD interface w/ Cranesong Spider via AES
Old 02-05-2021, 01:54 AM

Quote:
But there is one feature 'folder spill' I wish was supported by Icon surfaces.
Same here, it would be REALLY fantastic if AVID would implement this for ICON desks.
Old 02-20-2021, 05:56 AM

Really great to hear that D-command is still working... I'm on the fence about getting one as the are getting more affordable now.

It's a 24 fader in a good state and will cost me around $3000.

What do you guys think, is it too risky investing in this product, how worried should I be?

How about the price (3000) is that fair and what other potential problems should I be aware of?

I probably should save up and getting a new S3, but I'm worried that I can't live without a proper channelstrip.

Any advice you can give me would much appreciated! Thank you. :)
Old 03-30-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydpik View Post
Really great to hear that D-command is still working... I'm on the fence about getting one as the are getting more affordable now.

It's a 24 fader in a good state and will cost me around $3000.

What do you guys think, is it too risky investing in this product, how worried should I be?

How about the price (3000) is that fair and what other potential problems should I be aware of?

I probably should save up and getting a new S3, but I'm worried that I can't live without a proper channelstrip.

Any advice you can give me would much appreciated! Thank you. :)

I think $3000 for a good condition D-Command with XMon is a very good price for you, does it come with Xmon?

www.sharpesound.com.au
Old 05-05-2021, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvg View Post
Beyond a few software implemented features the EUCON protocol has in general, I vastly prefer the ICON range, specifically the Dcommand. I actually wouldn't take an S-series worksurface over the dcommand. But there is one feature 'folder spill' I wish was supported by Icon surfaces.
vca groups spill on the d command, so try that. assign your folder/group to a vca. when you select the vca it spills it's contents onto faders.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:30 AM

I have an 8 fader D Command with X-Mon for sale. PM if interested.

I also have replacement faders for sale.
https://reverb.com/shop/drews-gear-locker-199

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.