Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 04-22-2021, 11:17 AM

Default Venue Profile Running Sluggish

Hey guys,

I got a venue profile thats been running a laggy UI even after fresh restart for a couple weeks now, actively troubleshooting it and looking for some ideas.

Hard drive was replaced with SSD, along with new RAM, a fresh OS install, and with latest Venue version barely 2 years ago. Running the waves 9 version plugin package and some of the stock plugins that came with the console. It had been working fine, but recently its behaving more erratic with the primary symptom being laggy/jittery/sluggish with user input to user interface.

Its an install, so doesn't get moved, or banged around at all. It runs only off one showfile, with only a handful of snapshots, so shouldn't be a storage issue.

So far have tried multiple restarts, DSP digitest came back clean. Any ideas what could be causing the issue? Maybe a ram issue?

Thanks for help!

Nick
Old 04-22-2021, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Venue Profile Running Sluggish

Check the voltage on the AC line feeding the PSU. Low voltage plays havoc with digital stuff(I would run it off a UPS as well)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-23-2021, 07:16 AM

I would also check the BIOS battery. That's been known to mess with folks on these systems that have been around a while.
Old 04-23-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emluper View Post
I would also check the BIOS battery. That's been known to mess with folks on these systems that have been around a while.
I would think this would throw some kind of error or message on boot, but still well worth changing

Old 04-28-2021, 05:45 PM

Ok, thanks for reply's, it may be a power/PSU related issue then...We have had PSU warnings pop up for a while now(couple years) but it never really affected performance, so haven't bothered with searching for parts/replacing. Could bad PSU cause those kinds of symptoms?

Also, NEW SYMPTOM, now the usb port on front of console seems to be losing power as the mouse(plugged into front usb port on console) will "freeze" on screen, or apparently lose power from usb port(tried multiple mouses, same issue, so not the mouse.) We have to restart/reset from FOH rack, and then it works for about an hour before issue happens again. Really don't wanna do open heart surgery on the thing if I don't have to, cause we're literally a month out for replacing whole system...I just need to keep it alive for another month! Any more easy solution/fixes ideas/thoughts?

I'll try and get a reading on power going into console, but it should be good power between 110-130v. Also, I believe I have a fresh BIOS battery lying around so I'll try swapping that if its easily accessible as well. I also have spare fresh RAM sticks for it, think that would be worth swapping out?

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 04-29-2021, 10:48 AM

Looks like it is PSU related. Though not the voltage going in, but the PSU itself. The 3.3V PSU B on the Profile is showing a min of .05V, and a max of 3.29V...which would indicate its failing. PSU A looks solid though. Anyone know where I can source/buy replacement PSU's for the Profile?
Old 05-20-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revivethevivid View Post
Looks like it is PSU related. Though not the voltage going in, but the PSU itself. The 3.3V PSU B on the Profile is showing a min of .05V, and a max of 3.29V...which would indicate its failing. PSU A looks solid though. Anyone know where I can source/buy replacement PSU's for the Profile?
Is this what you need?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/11474674992...0AAOSw0gRgYx~c

Not mine but I remembered reading your last post

Old 06-03-2021, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the reply! $400 for a power supply?!?! Putrageous! lol. It says its for a D-show, not a profile, so not sure if they're same part number or not. Probably gonna try calling Avid tech support.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:50 AM

Actually, yea thats the wrong one. The ones I need to replace are on the console themselves, not the stage or FOH rack.... Also it looks like I have to pull console a part to even get to power supplies...bummer.