Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 02-02-2023, 09:23 PM

Default Aux Sends doubling tracks

So here's my issue and any help would be apreciated! whenever I create and Aux track and then try to send another track to it all it does is double the track. for instance, I set up a reverb send for my vocal but instead of just mixing in the reverb it actually mixes in a doubled vocal track with the effect. it does this in all my sessions now so I can't create any effects sends anymore. I've never had this problem before and I dont understand what's going on. I've been using pro tools for 7 years now and never encountered this!
Old 02-02-2023, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Aux Sends doubling tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellOn6Strings View Post
So here's my issue and any help would be apreciated! whenever I create and Aux track and then try to send another track to it all it does is double the track. for instance, I set up a reverb send for my vocal but instead of just mixing in the reverb it actually mixes in a doubled vocal track with the effect. it does this in all my sessions now so I can't create any effects sends anymore. I've never had this problem before and I dont understand what's going on. I've been using pro tools for 7 years now and never encountered this!
For the reverb effect you are inserting on the Aux track you need to adjust the Mix parameter in the reverb to 100%. Most plugs default to 50%. This will send 100% of the wet signal through the Aux track to mix with your dry vocal track.

If the plug is anything less that 100% you’ll be sending wet and dry signal through the Aux track. ie, if the plug is at 50% then half will be wet and half will dry signal.