Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2012, 05:13 PM

Default Separate scrolling when using more than one unit

I have Transport, Control and two Mix units.

Default using BANK key, all units scroll together. In other words: if I scroll, all units jump 20 tracks.

I want to operate the two Mix units and the Control unit separately, because I want to use one of the Mix units for groups, fx etc. only.

If I dedicate one of the Mix units for groups, fx etc. using EuControl Setting > Assign for all 8 tracks, the other Mix unit only scroll one and one channel, not 8. In other words there is no difference if I use BANK or NUDGE with that setup.

Question:
Is it possible for me to get what I'm looking for? I'm using Nuendo (latest version).
Does this work for Pro Tools?

In EuControl Settings > Surfaces, there is an option to mark for "Artist Control banks independently".
Maybe there also should be the same option there for the Mix units for this to work?

Ps: Just read in the manual: Multiple Artist Mix units always banks as a single unit (page 30 in the User Guide). I'm afraid that is the answer
Old 03-05-2012, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Separate scrolling when using more than one unit

I think the answer is to use the "Layouts" feature to assign every fader to the channel of your choosing. And then not use the bank/nudge controls at all.

If you haven't got enough faders to do this, then buy more MC Mixes
(that's what I did)

and/or set up multiple layouts, and switch between them using the layout switching command (instead of nudge/bank). Note that layout switching can be programmed on the MC Transport function keys, which works well.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Separate scrolling when using more than one unit

Great suggestion - Thanks :)