Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-03-2007, 08:21 AM

Default automation problems. the first pass doesn\'t stick

hi im using pro tools 7 on an M box with a power Mac dual 1.25GB G4 with 1GB ram
when i go to start automation for a session it wont keep the first pass.
i used to start a session (in pro tools 6) by getting my main settings, level, eq, reverbs etc set then putting my channels into write mode. after i had written first pass it would set that to the end and i could jump in with write mode or touch mode and it would revert after to my original settings.
the only way i can make it keep those original settings and revert is to write in touch mode and move every single element (ie all different volumes on eq and panning etc etc) whilst playing so that it can reset its self. does anyone understand what i just said and can they offer me some sort of suggestions as to make a first pass like this is very time consuming and a right pain.
cheers londonsoundbloke