Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 12-12-2017, 12:19 PM

Default Fast Track Pro on macOS High Sierra

I'm having problems with M-Audio "Fast Track Pro" (MacOs High Sierra), giving up the interface and AVID. I don't believe that commercially a company can do this with their customers ... Disrespect!
Old 01-24-2018, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Fast Track Pro on macOS High Sierra

Same issue here. fast track pro not recognized by my Mac since i ve updated to high Sierra. No new driver released since 2014!! Please help!! I've got important recording to do.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:34 AM

Hi friends, I've got a lot of help before, now it's time to give it back.... ;-)

I found a (temporary) solution for the issue.....!!

I copied some files of the mbox-driver (with has been updated for sierra) into the 1.9.5. driver of my fast tracks pro files, tryied some combinations..... and magic!!!! It works, it works for recording, track values etc etc.... I attach my patched files with this instruction:

1. install the included mbox-driver
2. install the included fasttracks pro-driver
3. delete like written on the folder
4. exchange/drag like written on the folder

Good luck!! - Minicus

Last edited by minicus; 01-28-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:42 AM

..... here the files

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/2IODoMMM/file.html
Old 01-28-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minicus View Post
Hi... did you get the control panel applet working? Moreover, can you sample at 48KHz/24-bit instead of 44.1KHz/16-bit from the default class-compliant driver from Apple?

P.S.: I wonder if the same procedure would make FTP working on El Capitan at 48KHz/24-bit.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:29 AM

Of course it can not be a proper connection, since I mixed one with the other but i.e. in Logic it functions with 16bit or 24 bit, no probl. but in the pref-pane it shows device not connected but you can change the bit-rate....!! At least you can use it.... recordings are same quality!! Dont know for other Interfaces but I think that Avid has a basic pref for all similar interfaces and the mbox looked pretty similar....

greetings - minicus
Old 01-28-2018, 10:41 AM

B.t.w., maybe the steps written are a bit confusing, i.e. you have to change the automatically installed extensions with the one I patched... that's all! There are two of them, one in the OS/System/Library/Extensions and one in the OS/Library/Extensions - change the installed fastrack-extensions with the ones in the called "exchange Folder"..... to avoid to have a prefpane and exts of the mbox-install just delete these... only these! ;-) - good luck! M.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minicus View Post
B.t.w., maybe the steps written are a bit confusing, i.e. you have to change the automatically installed extensions with the one I patched... that's all! There are two of them, one in the OS/System/Library/Extensions and one in the OS/Library/Extensions - change the installed fastrack-extensions with the ones in the called "exchange Folder"..... to avoid to have a prefpane and exts of the mbox-install just delete these... only these! ;-) - good luck! M.
One more question... I would like to reproduce your procedure from scratch... how did you extract that M-AudioFastTrackPro.kext? Have you altered some header or is it a kext file from another driver version?
Old 01-28-2018, 04:58 PM

Just adding to the discussion. I did your procedure on El Capitan. After the first restart I got a pretty high latency, so I decided disabling kext signing (Command+R to enter recovery mode, then typing
Code:
csrutil disable
in the console). After the next restart I was getting low latency, but I suspect that Reaper is reporting the actual sample rate wrong.

That is, I've set Reaper to ask for 48KHz and then I recorded a short bass line, and finally switched to the built-in output. If everything went fine, I should hear my recording at the same pitch, but no, I got the built-in output playing the recorded track at a faster speed (higher pitch).

Next test: asked 44.1KHz sample rate when recording through the FTP, then I switched to the built-in output. Now I'm getting the same pitch.

Conclusion: I'm only getting 44.1KHz sampling.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:55 AM

Tried to follow up the instructions but same results as previously - plugin FTP and console shows that the kext can be loaded because it doesnt pass the validation..