Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 05-09-2019, 11:57 AM

Default Dynamic Transport Loop Playback doesn't properly adjust to new bounds

Another new feature that breaks known behaviour. Seems hard for these guys to hit first time right.

Yes... I already filed a first bug report regarding loop playback in dynamic transport.

When reducing the loop selection to a point before the current playhead position, the audio plays on past the loop selection and doesn't properly adjust to the new loop bounds.

Very annoying, because this worked in the past. Yes, with a glitch, but I largely prefer that!
Old 05-09-2019, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Dynamic Transport Loop Playback doesn't properly adjust to new bounds

Works here, albeit with a slight pause in sound when adjusting to new range. Did you do the usual - trashing preferences/etc?
Old 05-09-2019, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Dynamic Transport Loop Playback doesn't properly adjust to new bounds

Confirmed not working.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:29 PM

Gets even worse. PT seems to completely forget your current loop selection, even if you stop and restart playback. You have to manually re-highlight your selection to re-enable proper loop playback. Sigh.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
Gets even worse. PT seems to completely forget your current loop selection, even if you stop and restart playback. You have to manually re-highlight your selection to re-enable proper loop playback. Sigh.

Have you checked to see if "Link timeline and edit selection" is checked under the options dropdown menu?
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
Have you checked to see if "Link timeline and edit selection" is checked under the options dropdown menu?
Very good point and thanks for suggesting it! I can confirm that selections are indeed correctly linked.

Avid support is having a hard time admitting the bug and responded to me that engineering states this is actually intended behaviour, which I simply cannot believe/accept. Trying to convince them now with a screen recording that shows the issue.

Note that this was actually working very well before, albeit with a glitch, but the new behaviour is completely different (and unusable, as far as I'm concerned). I really wonder why no-one even spotted this during beta testing.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:01 AM

Today, I noticed that when you open a Session that has a selection stored and Dynamic Transport enabled, it doesn't catch up properly with that selection, even if Link Timeline and Edit Selection is enabled. It just starts from the beginning of the Session, every time again. Even disabling/enabling Link Timeline and Edit Selection doesn't solve it.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:32 AM

Hi Everyone,

Found this back when the new update came out, I think there are some threads about it here and potentially elsewhere. Avid has come out and said that this was an intended change...for what possible reason I have no clue, but the "incorrect behaviour" you are noticing is apparently a purposeful change that they have made.

I have made requests/protests saying that there should at least be a preference to toggle this behaviour, but I suspect this goes deeper into the non interrupting playback feature they have been trying to stabilize for sometime now. So, no, you are not crazy, and no, this is not ideal, and yes, this is something Avid knows about AFAIK...do they see the disruption in the workflow they have created.....