Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2011, 06:50 AM

Default DYN and EQ Knob Sets

This may have been addressed already but I searched the forum and couldn't find much on the topic.

[I am running an MC Control v2 EuCon 2.6.1 and firmware 1.3.4 on a MacPro running Logic 9.1.5]

I assume the idea of the above mentioned Knob Sets was to quickly add and edit EQ/ Dynamic plugins to a selected channel strip, which is great and would very useful.
The EQ works to an extent, you can add an EQ with only two clicks but only the Logic EQ. As my usual channel EQ is Sonnox it would be great to have the ability to load third party EQs into the EQ Knob Set Selection.
I don't know if this is just an issue with my setup or common with all Logic users but in Logic the DYN does not work at all, it is an empty shell, you cannot add any dynamic plugins and even if I add them the old fashioned way, clicking and loading by hand as an insert, I still cannot edit them through the DYN Knob Set only through the INSERTS Knob Set.

So to summarise, am I incorrect in my findings?
Would it be possible to add third party plugins manually or otherwise to the specific Knob Set Selections?
If No, would it be possible to replace these two with something else as there are only 8 knobs so 25% of them being redundant (in my scenario) seems like a lot of real-estate lost.

Thank you in advance,
Tom
Old 09-07-2011, 01:16 PM

Default Re: DYN and EQ Knob Sets

No-one else having similar issues?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:34 PM

In Pro Tools you make a choice in the preference panel and I somewhere have a hunch that I've seen it somewehere in Logic too, but I couldn't find it so breefly. David Mahmani wrote a book on this subject and sometimes he answers Q on another forum - good luck hunting. (It's however not something you control with the Artist Line software.)
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 09-08-2011, 10:47 AM

Thanks a lot! I will look into it a bit deeper