Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 05-31-2006, 03:24 PM

Default Pro Control Newbie Question(s)

Hi

Today I sat behind a PC system for the first time and I have a couple of questions: Firstly, the system I am using has a master section, 3 fader packs and an edit Pack. The layout of the system from left to right is fader pack, fader pack, master section, edit pack, fader pack. When I hit Goto Bank A1 I should have my first track appear at the very first fader strip to the left, Yes?? No. I get the first track at the start of the 2nd fader pack along. What's going on here?

2nd question: How can I get the first 16 faders to contain my first 16 tracks, the master section to contain tracks 25 thru 32, but then have the last 8 faders contain tracks 17 thru 24? I know it sounds weird, but there's a very good reason behind my request.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Pro Control Newbie Question(s)

I am not positive, but I think you can change the order of faders by going to Setup/Peripherals/Ethernet Controllers and changing the order of fader packs there. There is a way to change the assignment of faders, but right now I can't remember for sure how. Try the Periphals option I described and maybe someone with more active brain cells will chime in if I am wrong.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:22 PM

>the system I am using has a master section, 3 fader packs and an *edit Pack*<

Lucky you. Roy is correct. Go to Setup>Peripherals>Ethernet Controllers. You'll see the drop down menu tabs for selecting each section. It will be easiest to de-select them all (None) and then select the order you want. You can also rename each section. You should also down load the user manual from the Customer Service>Technical Support Section>Technical Document Library page and perusal that a little.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:22 PM

Hi

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I already tried this, but couldn't get the packs displayed in the order I want. I think there might be some other issue with the way the system is set up. I've also looked in the Guide. Thanks for your replies anyway guys.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:10 AM

Hi again, I was able to check on my system this morning and was able to place my tracks to any faderpack by deselecting all of Pro Control units and reassigning to a different order and upon selecting OK, all faders dropped and then came back up in the new order. Perhaps the firmware in your ProControl needs to be updated or overwritten or? to make it happen. Good Luck.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:36 PM

Yes, Roy's right. The fader banks won't update until you click OK, then they switch over. Confusing at first when nothing seems to be changing:)

Good luck!

IMDB

Puget Sound on Facebook