Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2002, 09:08 AM

Default Protools commands & hexadecimal lenguage

hello, i have a yamaha 01v console and digi001, and i want to control the protools with the option remote of the 01v yamaha. where i can find a list of the functions of protools in hexadecimal lenguage?: for example i can discovery that for trasport play, the hexadecimal menssage is: f0 7f 7f 06 44 f7. i need a list of this funtions and config. for use the 01v yamaha as control surface. please help me!

thansk

pd: sorry for my english
Old 12-26-2002, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Protools commands & hexadecimal lenguage

Although I know they exist, there is no published list of systems exclusive midi commands for ProTools. (DIGI, are you out there? Why?)

However, you should be able to set up your 01v to emulate the JLCooper CS-10 controller using the information in appendix a in the ProTools MIDI Control Surfaces Manual .

It's basically a list of what MIDI continuous controllers will control which ProTools parameters. Even the non-continuous parameters (mute, transport controls, etc.) are controlled by continuous controllers transmitting either 00h(on) or 7Fh(off) for the controller value.

It's pretty silly, I know, but until Digi decides to publish a sysex command set, it's all we've got.

Jason
www.cd-romney.com
www.ncarts.edu/ncsaprod/designandproduction
Old 12-26-2002, 03:48 PM

Do a search. Someone published a complete manual on how to use the o1v as a controsurface...

Bastiaan
Old 12-28-2002, 05:38 PM

im search in the web, but i not found any page for this. do you know any page please?
Old 12-28-2002, 07:21 PM

All of the instructions I've seen are simply explanations on emulating the CS-10 which is already spelled out in the Pro Tools MIDI controllers guide.

You can set up everything that way and all the codes are laid out in the manual.
www.cd-romney.com
www.ncarts.edu/ncsaprod/designandproduction
Old 12-30-2002, 04:22 AM

I said search...not search the web...and that was a hint... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I KNOW i saw a post right here on tghe duc explaining how to do it all...i just dont know where it went. I am sure a search will turn it up. It is only fair if you do some work for it to....hence i let you do the search... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Bastiaan