Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2003, 02:21 PM

Default Thanks bana boy,Cali Hendrixx,and The Weed

I just tried to say thanks aster reading all you guys replies and it went in to my own post.Anyway thanks you guys.Anyway what I am trying to find out for sure is if I can bring a session started at one of my 3 locations (that havent been set up yet with any Digi stuff yet)I just got the 002,and one of my recording friends wants to get either a 001 or an M-Box.And the other friend wants to do the same thing get a 001 or an M-Box.But none of this will happen if it cant be done.I read all of your responses and I think you guys answered my questions.The other part of the question was if you can install the software from the 002,001 and M-Box into the same computers so that the hardware can be moved around aswell.And how would I back up a session to disk,is it the "bounce to disk"command? once again thanks in advance
Old 06-08-2003, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Thanks bana boy,Cali Hendrixx,and The Weed

I will try to answer some of your questions...

With all the systems (digi001/002/mbox) you can move around sessions with no problems, as long as you dont go higher as 48 Khz (only the digi002 is capable of 96 Khz).

AFAIK the software for the digi001/002 and mbox is different for the time being. If i understood correctly they are trying to create one version of the software wich recognizes all the interfaces (only one at the time, so no combinations of digi001 and digi002 for example).
What you could do is create 3 different partitions, and install all 3 versions of the software (if digidesign allows multiple installations, i am not sure...). Moving aroundf the digi001 will be the most complicated, since it is a PCI-card.

I suggest you move sessions around. All versions of ptle can open eachothers sessions...

Fot the portability you canm burn the session to cd, or maybe even better, get a firewire drive wich you move around.

How you can archive your session, you can read here. Dabasstard has made a website with all kind of usefull tips: http://www.basstardz.dhs.org/TIPS/

and the archiving: http://www.basstardz.dhs.org/TIPS/TI...ve-session.HTM

(don't use bounce to disk for archiving. Its the utility you use to export the mix from ptle for burning to disc, or to create an mp3...stuff like that)

Bastiaan