Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2012, 03:18 PM

Default "Auto Read" grays out when recording- cant monitor while recording HELP

First of all, here is the gear:

PT 10.2
Mac Book Pro
Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 Interface

This problem just started happening. I'm trying to record bass direct into my saffire. I select the analog input 4 which is a designated 1/4 inch instrument jack on the saffire, output is Mon 1-2 like normal. Whenever I press record, the "auto read" button grays out and I cannot hear the input signal coming out of my monitors. The signal is going in per the fader signal and it does record, but I cannot get actual sound from my monitors while recording. Once I stop recording the "auto read" turns green again.

All other tracks do the same thing
Automation is enabled
I can hear all other tracks playing while I'm recording except the enabled (recording) track

I have Googled to no avail. I can use the Saffire mix control to set up a headphone mix, but it's complicated. I prefer not to use it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.