Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 11:04 PM

Default Click from ProTools skips intermittently. Help

How do I keep the click sent from P/T plug-in from skipping while I'm tracking 24 channels @ 88.2k? It's not a tempo change, I'm set to manual tempo. I've reduced recording time to 10 minutes. Delay compensation in off. Sent audio to two different FW drives. 3 other sessions worked perfectly, now all sessions start to glitch. Can't think of anything else. I tried recording the click in as audio, still skips on playback from that while recording 23 other tracks. Just did a restart, blowing off the click for now (prepro), BUT I NEED IT TOMMOROW!!

Any ideas?
Old 10-14-2006, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Click from ProTools skips intermittently. Help

What version of PT do you have?

I found the same problem with PTLE 7 (I'm a LE user) when using the Click plug-in on an Aux track. The click plug-in on an instrument track seems to be working fine.

The safest way though, is dragging some cowbell/shaker samples into a tick-based audio track and use them as a click.
You can put the cowbell sample on one track to mark the down beats and the shaker sample on another for the up beats. This way you can easily alter the volume balance between the two.

R.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Click from ProTools skips intermittently. Help

v7.2, a recorded click track did it to. 23tracks recording, one on playback.