Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 04-21-2021, 09:16 AM

Default DADMan outputs

I just can't find any information about this but is there any way to have more than three outputs via the Dadman/ EuControl software?
Old 04-21-2021, 09:46 AM

Default Re: DADMan outputs

DADman has a limit I believe of 22 outputs. (Definitely way more than 3 -- just created 13 and then got bored)

Eucontrol only shows 3 (Main, Alt 1, Alt 2) on the right.

You can set additional Monitor sections in DADman -- in which case you could add 4 more outputs that could be addressed directly from Eucontrol with the virtual knobs/selector on the left side of the Control App monitoring tab.

You could also make outputs into "fold downs." Group all your speakers into one big speaker set and then set up a foldown for each speaker pair that directs the input to only 2 speakers of the big speaker set. "fold downs" are just output matrices so you can do a lot with them and there can be a very high count for fold downs -- 6 are immediately visible but you can slide that list in the Control app to show more -- that can all be switched from Eucontrol/Control app. Fold downs can also be named in the Control app so you can tell exactly what they are (vs Main, Alt 1, Alt 2).
Old 04-21-2021, 10:05 AM

ok great. thanks so much for the help.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:57 AM

I still have a couple of questions after that last post. If I want to created another source how do I map it to come up on one of the A/B.. buttons?

Also, what I'm trying to do is create two different sources for the same source. I have two pairs of headphones that I want to slightly eq differently in DADMan. I want to be able to switch between them depending on the phones I'm using. Now I know I could also assign a set of EQ points to one pair and a set of EQ points to another pair but I don't want to have to turn them on and off I just want to switch sources. But I can't create a duplicate source with the same inputs. I could select another set of Dante inputs and route to the source but I'm not sure if that is the best way to do things. Any suggestions would help. Thanks
Old 04-22-2021, 01:54 PM

The A, B, C, D are outputs not sources.
To create those outputs, in DADman Monitor Profile, right click on an open space outside of any monitoring already setup and select the option to "Add Monitor". In the EuCon column, you can assign what Monitor it goes to (A, B, C, D).

Create this Monitor just like your main (adding outputs and sources -- sources will allow you to use already pre-defined sources like ones already set up for your main monitoring section.)

From the Control app, if you click on the A/B/C/D button next to the knob (A/B/C/D left column), the center section will let you choose what you want the source for that monitor to be. It shows those from the inputs you setup earlier for that monitor output.

As for different EQs for the same output setup; not possible. The EQ is attached to the output (I mean this as the "monitoring output setup" -- not physical output channel.) You can duplicate the output in the same monitoring , and give them different EQs. Just do a "new set" and then give that output setup the same physical output channels. Then you can have two diff eq setups going to the same physical output channels. This would probably give you what you want.

If you have the MTRX studio, each headphone out is its own output so you could give them different EQs.

Input/sources do not have EQ attached to them; only outputs.

Last edited by BScout; 04-22-2021 at 07:04 PM. Reason: mis-remembered where to tap; fixed to be correct
Old 04-22-2021, 05:03 PM

Ok great. I'm actually using an outboard Lynx as my headphone amp so I'm not using the headphone jacks built into the MTRX. I was able to just add another output and route the same outputs to it. So now I have two different eq's for different pairs of headphones both coming out Alt2. I guess my final question is that there does not seem to be a way to toggle between different outputs going to Alt2 on the EuControl app. I'm guessing I have to switch them in DADMan?
Old 04-22-2021, 07:01 PM

Trying to understand...

Alt 2 is just the third output setup.
Sounds like you have a third and fourth output setup (both going to the same physical output).

And, no, you can't go past 3 (Main, Alt 1, Alt 2) in the Control app to toggle for the main monitoring group. Anything after 3 becomes clicking in DADman. You could technically set up a softkey but that would only show up when DADman was in focus (so if you were in Pro Tools, you wouldn't be able to reach it anyway). If you are near your MTRX studio, you could set your A/B/C buttons on the front to toggle/switch to those outputs. Setting up what those buttons do is on the last tab of the Monitor Profiles.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:27 PM

I just realized I can do it with Soundflow. Thanks again