Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2001, 11:12 AM

Default online digistudio is the only reason pt 5.2 exists?and no pt le on digistudio(online)

I don't get it, why aren't they making dp support and fixing bugs in 5.1. Maybe I'm asking to much here, but what about the little guys? I thought thats what music is all about. I know it's a company. But still, did you see the new "digipronet"? I think they are going to have a .wav on the front page soon that has a "ka-chingg" sound in it.

Josh
Old 06-05-2001, 01:38 PM

Default Re: online digistudio is the only reason pt 5.2 exists?and no pt le on digistudio(online)

You gotta relax,
51 came out less than 6 monthes ago. writing code does not exactly work as easily as making music. find something else to bitch about
Old 06-06-2001, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Default Re: online digistudio is the only reason pt 5.2 exists?and no pt le on digistudio(online)

Pro Tools 5.1.1 is the next maintenance release for both LE and TDM. Lots of fixes which will be listed with the release. There are separate teams working on the 5.1.1 update and the 5.2 release with Rocket support.

------------------
Bruce Paine
WebAdmin
Digidesign Customer Service
Old 06-06-2001, 12:52 AM

Hi,

Quote:
Originally posted by Digidesign:
Pro Tools 5.1.1 is the next maintenance release for both LE and TDM. Lots of fixes which will be listed with the release. There are separate teams working on the 5.1.1 update and the 5.2 release with Rocket support.
Will this be mac only?

------------------
Yavuz AKYAZICI
Guitar Player
Composer
http://volcanojazz.com
http://myspace.com/volcanojazz
Old 06-06-2001, 11:59 AM

Ya, well I'm tired of screwing around with technology. Maybe you're into dicking with wires or what ever, I'm here to play. And that still counts le out for digi pro net. Darn, I guess I will not be able to record with nine inch nails.
Old 06-07-2001, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Ya, well I'm tired of screwing around with technology. I'm here to play.
You sound like my guitar student that want to play songs but don't want to learn any bar chords.

------------------
David.

6am eternal

[This message has been edited by Kickin.da.speaker (edited June 06, 2001).]

6am eternal
Old 06-07-2001, 01:26 PM

I think they should have released a beta (of Rocket Technology, Digi ProNet in DigiWords)
just for PT LE. In that way they would have
thousands of free beta testers.

Cubase VST has had it for some time now ..

Cheers,
// JW

------------------
>>We need more time so that everything doesn't happen at once<<

Asus P5K Premium v3, Q6600, 2x2GB Corsair

Tyan Thunder n3600B (S2927A2NRF)
2xAMD OPTERON 2214 2.2GHZ

Win XP Pro SP3
Old 06-08-2001, 12:17 AM

I think on digipro net its stated there's a possibility for Pt le later being involved in some way. My guess is this has been a frantic push for them getting something as ambitious as this off the ground, as it gets going more things will be implemented. It looks to me like a brilliant idea. It would be great if there were forums there too, to discuss musicmaking and proposition collaborators, like a musical community and maybe a "paypal" type medium for musicians to err, pay up for services provided and received. That would make a cool vibe.

Hmm, digi goes for revenue off of subscriptions? very clever..heh hehe.... Hopefully support for pt le users will be implemented in the future, and of course multi processing support. When I see digipro net, I see theyve been cooking something up.
Old 06-08-2001, 08:04 AM

Cubase has had it for some time...not to mention the extremely stripped-down but free Logic Rocket...if it still exists!
Old 06-08-2001, 10:15 AM

What is Rocket anyways ? And DigiproNet??

------------------
Think Diferente!