Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 09:48 AM

Default help, online upgrade with a different interface

So since I bought the MBox for my laptop it came with a free upgrade to Protools 7 and I thought well other people are sailing ok with not to many glitches so tonight I dove in... BUT I downloaded the free update and installed it on my G4 tower with a 002r. I got it to work on the first boot up and was listening to audio but then the 002r suddenly wouldn't work and Protools said 'unable to locate hardware'. :-/ so I opened AudioCore and it said 002 but says unconnected and wont connect upon pressing the button. Then I was cruising around and in my System Preferences I noticed an MBox now at the bottom under other and when I clicked on that it said MBox not connected. I tried trashing the Mbox icon at the bottom of System Preferences and then went through and trash all the Protools system prefs in the Library how they tell you to do in trouble-shooting off the digi-tech answerbase but nothing worked. I did like tons of searches in all the trouble shooting areas but...Thus what I think happened is that with the upgrade I probably got the MBox audio driver for Protools 7 and not the 002r. So I searched the digi download to find the 002 audiodriver for 7 to no avail.
Crap I need the 002r to work for a session on friday:-/ I guess I'm calling text support. Anybody have any ideas for me? I've had the 002r for a while and it has never had any problems but the mute light is stuck 'on' and the little light below, that is not on. I unplugged my Rosehdahl Nanosync clock, Apogee Rosetta 800 and all other midi and such and checked the cables and still I get the message that cannot communicate with the hardward and to click OK when hardware is turned on. For a while the 002r made the click noises like it was trying to decide which sample rate to pick back and forth but now I don't even get the clicks. I think its because the upgrade was for a MBox and I should have used it on my laptop. Oh and I have a iLok key installed so can I use PT 7 LE with both computers. One update both computers?
shot myself in the foot I guess...
help
sam
Old 12-08-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: help, online upgrade with a different interface

Do a search on the DUC for "power harness". Looks like your 002r may have fallen victim. You should be able to resolve for your session, then follow up and get a replacement from customer support.

If that doesn't fix the issue, try uninstalling 7 and going back to 6.x for your session. If your 002r works with 6.x, then you know its not the harness. PT7 should include drivers for every supported interface.
http://www.BrentFrederickMusic.com