Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2010, 02:42 PM

Default Pro Tools Keyboard - How many people use it?

I've long been curious about the Pro Tools keyboard... what are your thoughts for those of you who use it, have used it, or plan on using it?

It's one of those things that have been on my to-buy list for quite some time, but it seems I always end up picking up a boom stand or cable instead. :P

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 02-11-2010, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Keyboard - How many people use it?

Same here..... I'd like to have it, but I don't need it. Some say it's over-priced, and well it is....UNTIL you start putting those decals on a keyboard yourself or start typing on one with the decals, then that keyboard is a great value!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
Same here..... I'd like to have it, but I don't need it. Some say it's over-priced, and well it is....UNTIL you start putting those decals on a keyboard yourself or start typing on one with the decals, then that keyboard is a great value!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wasn't going to mention my opinion on the price, but since you broke the ice.. yes, it does seem a bit overpriced. But I'm willing to lay down cash if it is really useful and that ground breaking!

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
Some say it's over-priced, and well it is....
It use to be $300 back in the day. No, that's not a typo.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-11-2010, 03:28 PM

I haven't looked for years. I didn't even realize they had a PC version of this. And yea, $300.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-11-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
It use to be $300 back in the day. No, that's not a typo.

Shane
WTF?!!?!? I'm so flabbergasted.. I don't know what to say.. :P

Old 02-11-2010, 04:28 PM

I have seen the Windows version for $125, so the price isn't quite as bad as it used to be. I bought the stickers from the DIGI store 4 years ago and put them on a brand new black keyboard(for all of $12) and they are still on and still very good. Not as good as the $125 keyboard, but totally fine. Once a year I take an ultra fine Sharpie and spruce up a few letters.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-11-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I have seen the Windows version for $125, so the price isn't quite as bad as it used to be. I bought the stickers from the DIGI store 4 years ago and put them on a brand new black keyboard(for all of $12) and they are still on and still very good. Not as good as the $125 keyboard, but totally fine. Once a year I take an ultra fine Sharpie and spruce up a few letters.
Maybe I'll do that to the wireless USB keyboard. I need something new to look at.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Got a link to those stickers?

And yes, that's a fantastic idea, especially in co-op with Tom's idea with a wireless keyboard..

Old 02-11-2010, 05:54 PM

http://www.amazon.com/DIGIDESIGN-PRO.../dp/B0010YLAIG

This is where I got mine. Can't beat $8 bucks!

"Yes, recording to the system drive is 99% likely THE main problem." sw rec