Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 04:23 AM

Default HELP NEEDED! MBOX2 PRO

Hi,

I've just purchase an Mbox2 pro factory, after instalation and registration of all my products, I ran protools and here comes troubles.

First, many plugs doesn't have authorisation! I've check my ilok account and there is no licence to download... ???

and the worst thing : I wanted to hear bdf lite and xpand so I create an instrument track on a new session and protools bugs! cpu overload! with just 1 plug! Impossible!!

There must be something to do... But what?

Please help me!!!

I have a macbook pro 2.33 intel core 2 duo, an Mbox 2 pro and I run Protools 7.3.1

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Re: HELP NEEDED! MBOX2 PRO

Its allright. I recently went through the same frustration. The only real advice I can give is read! Read the getting started manual. Protools LE is incredibly powerful software and it takes a lot of know how to not get in its way.

The plug in authorization took me about 2 days. It was frustrating, but worthit. You MUST register your hardware AND your ignition pack with dididesign (this will begin the process of authorizing your plug-ins and any iLok plugins).

As far as BDF overloading makde sure you have all you Mac's preferences set right (again read getting started manual for specifics). If you still have problems with CPU usage read about the playback options ("Playback" under the "Options" menu).

If you know all this already, sorry. I'm not trying to be a jerk but, I am not sure anyone will come back and type everything you need to know to get started, when Dididesign alreay provided it for you. I am still reading the ProTools Reference Guide 850+ pages (aggghh).

Also, read the thread here about "Things we need to know before you post"

Good Luck!
OS 10.4.9combo update
Mbox 2 Factory USB
Pro Tools LE 7.3.1
160 GB LaCie Firewire
250 GB LaCie Firewire
Old 07-19-2007, 06:52 AM

I just re-read your post and saw that you registered your "products"

Out of empathy this is the basic process- If you registered the iginition pack (the ones that need Auth.) Then you should have gotten an email from Digi with serial numbers (lots of them). You should be propmted to authorize when you open them in ProTool. Follow the instructions in the authorization, but you essentially enter the serial numbers they email you authorization number)

Oh, and you have 90 days phone support! They are great.
OS 10.4.9combo update
Mbox 2 Factory USB
Pro Tools LE 7.3.1
160 GB LaCie Firewire
250 GB LaCie Firewire
Old 07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Avid

Quote:

First, many plugs doesn't have authorisation! I've check my ilok account and there is no licence to download... ???
Which plug-ins, specifically? Most likely you installed plug-ins that don't necessarily come with your system - the installation cd's you receive have installers for a huge variety of bundles, but only the bundles you actually purchased would you have authorization for.

Quote:

and the worst thing : I wanted to hear bdf lite and xpand so I create an instrument track on a new session and protools bugs! cpu overload! with just 1 plug! Impossible!!

There must be something to do... But what?

Please help me!!!

I have a macbook pro 2.33 intel core 2 duo, an Mbox 2 pro and I run Protools 7.3.1

Thanks!
What is the error number of the cpu overload? Have you tried all the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting thread yet?

You may want to look at the Help us help you thread as well.