Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 08:42 AM

Default emagic amt8 unrecognised

Hi,

I've just upgraded my PT HD Accel3 to a Mac Pro Dual 2.66GHz. All very fine (phew!) but my MIDI interface, an emagic amt8 doesn't appear in the system. I've found a bit of confusion in forums about whether it's working on Intel Macs. Some say the drivers are pre-loaded (with Garage Band) and nothing is necessary, some say differently.

Does anyone have some advice to give?

Thanks in advance,

M.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: emagic amt8 unrecognised

you need to install the driver - Unitor USB Family driver. You can google it…to find the download
Old 06-30-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
you need to install the driver - Unitor USB Family driver. You can google it…to find the download
Found... not
I mean - all I find is seemingly PPC compatible stuff - do you know for sure of a Universal Binary version?

Thanks,

M.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:55 AM

I Have posted this on my server for you.... I'll keep it for two days then it gets deleted - it should work:

Emagic_MidiDriver_170.dmg

Hope it works out for you
Old 07-01-2007, 05:58 AM

Thanks ghosts, very kind of you!
Actually... I solved the problem this morning and posted it here, but it didn't appear for some reason. It was a very weird issue. In a nutshell: apparently there is no need for a driver... there is a file called EmagicUSBMIDIDriver.plugin which comes with GarageBand (!) located in Library:Audio:MIDI Drivers, and it should do the work. My Intel Mac arrived two days ago with 10.4.9 installed, and for some unknown reason this file was version 1.5, PPC. A friend e-mailed me the UB version (1.9) overnight, and as soon as I substituted mine the whole thing started to fly: the interface appeared in MIDI Setup and Pro Tools, instantly. Everything works fine. Now, why a pre-installed version of OS X should have the wrong driver is a mystery I don't want to investigate .
Thanks a lot for the one you made available for me. I got it, and I may give it a try whenever I feel like suffering a bit over software issues .

M.