Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 01-27-2023, 08:48 AM
Avid

Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrelandM View Post
Yes,Eddie
I'm not 100% sure what your question is?
Old 01-27-2023, 09:14 AM

Sorry Eddie,

Is the xml file required if I have installed the 2022.12 Eucon update.

creative control said ''Yes - you would need to add the Copy Plug-in function - either globally or track based - to Channel Strip Keys. I'll post my default set you can play with and check out here shortly''.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:28 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrelandM View Post
Sorry Eddie,

Is the xml file required if I have installed the 2022.12 Eucon update.

creative control said ''Yes - you would need to add the Copy Plug-in function - either globally or track based - to Channel Strip Keys. I'll post my default set you can play with and check out here shortly''.
This is the S6 forum. Thats why it's getting confusing. For EuControl Surfaces like S3 the Copy and Paste is on the Control App only.
Old 01-28-2023, 04:12 PM

My apologies if my post re: Artist Control was in wrong forum. I understand it's not supported. When I first got this (Euphonix) MC Control unit, I did a good deal of experimenting with different Eucon versions and noticed that there were some what affected the display and caused various issues. 2022.9 seemed to be just great. 2022.12 seems to cause the issue I described.

It's too bad as I did discover some new functionality in DP (I use it with both PT and DP). A small "i" appeared on channels in my MC Mix indicated that an audio track input was enabled. I know that wasn't there before.

Either way, again, I recognize the Artist series isn't officially supported so it may be that reproducing and fixing this issue may not happen. 2022.9 continues to work well here.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:10 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Steele View Post
My apologies if my post re: Artist Control was in wrong forum. I understand it's not supported. When I first got this (Euphonix) MC Control unit, I did a good deal of experimenting with different Eucon versions and noticed that there were some what affected the display and caused various issues. 2022.9 seemed to be just great. 2022.12 seems to cause the issue I described.

It's too bad as I did discover some new functionality in DP (I use it with both PT and DP). A small "i" appeared on channels in my MC Mix indicated that an audio track input was enabled. I know that wasn't there before.

Either way, again, I recognize the Artist series isn't officially supported so it may be that reproducing and fixing this issue may not happen. 2022.9 continues to work well here.
This issue is that Apple change the way they do screen drawing every relese....even dot releases. EuControl pre draws the screens both the TFT and OLED's and then sends them over to the surfaces. We try to keep up and make changes, try to match MacOS versions but its a never ending task.
Old 01-29-2023, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This issue is that Apple change the way they do screen drawing every relese....even dot releases. EuControl pre draws the screens both the TFT and OLED's and then sends them over to the surfaces. We try to keep up and make changes, try to match MacOS versions but its a never ending task.
I hear you. And I sympathize as it seems Apple is always throwing curveballs at third-party developers. The only thing that changed for me was going from Eucon 2022.9 to 2022.12. Eucon 2022.9 didn't have a problem with MacOS 12.6.3 (or vice versa)... but something changed in Eucon 2022.12 that affects how the colors look on the display on my MC Control v2.

Again... I recognize that this comes with the territory when one is pressing older, un-supported gear into use. There are many pitfalls you have to avoid to keep these things working in the way you hope for. It may be that when the coast is clear and I decide to go to Ventura, I'll try 2022.12 again. Thanks for your help and the explanation.

Last edited by James Steele; 01-29-2023 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Grammar ;)
Old 02-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Avid

Quote:
I hear you. And I sympathize as it seems Apple is always throwing curveballs at third-party developers. The only thing that changed for me was going from Eucon 2022.9 to 2022.12. Eucon 2022.9 didn't have a problem with MacOS 12.6.3 (or vice versa)... but something changed in Eucon 2022.12 that affects how the colors look on the display on my MC Control v2.

Again... I recognize that this comes with the territory when one is pressing older, un-supported gear into use. There are many pitfalls you have to avoid to keep these things working in the way you hope for. It may be that when the coast is clear and I decide to go to Ventura, I'll try 2022.12 again. Thanks for your help and the explanation.
Can I ask you to post a before and after picture....I'm starting to think this could be due to a change to make softkey feedback better (On/Off states)
Old 02-01-2023, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Can I ask you to post a before and after picture....I'm starting to think this could be due to a change to make softkey feedback better (On/Off states)
Sure.... I think I posted a comparison pic earlier that showed from top to bottom what it looked like on Mac screen, then on the MC Control screen with 2022.12 and then with 2022.9. I'll post that first... then before and afters. I didn't really take extensive pics where you can see the tracks which I think looked normal. It was the color of the soft keys that was off.

I suppose since I'm on Monterrey and it's not too hard to do a rollback using an APFS snapshot, if you have something specific you'd like a before and after of, I could set that up. Hopefully won't need to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg metercomparison.jpg (56.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0645.jpg (28.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0643.jpg (36.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-02-2023, 08:06 AM
Avid

Quote:
Sure.... I think I posted a comparison pic earlier that showed from top to bottom what it looked like on Mac screen, then on the MC Control screen with 2022.12 and then with 2022.9. I'll post that first... then before and afters. I didn't really take extensive pics where you can see the tracks which I think looked normal. It was the color of the soft keys that was off.

I suppose since I'm on Monterrey and it's not too hard to do a rollback using an APFS snapshot, if you have something specific you'd like a before and after of, I could set that up. Hopefully won't need to.
We are not seeing this here. All the colors look good. What version of Monterey are you on? 12.6.3?
Old 02-02-2023, 09:45 AM

Quote:
We are not seeing this here. All the colors look good. What version of Monterey are you on? 12.6.3?

Yes. 12.6.3. Maybe it’s because I’m on a Euphonix MC Control v2. I believe it has the latest firmware.