Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2011, 02:54 PM

Question New To Pro Tools - Basic Question

I have been a Cubase/Sonar user for some time and have just recently moved to Pro Tools 10. Please forgive my lack of knowledge and if there is somewhere in the forum that this type of info has been discussed ad nauseum and you can point me there I would appreciate your help. I am having a bit of difficulty understanding the routing setups for Pro Tools in that when I solo a track it silences everything, so obviously there is something wrong with my groupings or routings to subgroups. This was a fairly simple task in Sonar where you would create a bus, assign the outputs of tracks to it and assign the output of the bus to the mains and you were done. Can someone either give me a brief explanation or point me to a site where this is explained? I can't really get my head around it reading the Help files.

Thanks
Dave