How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 06-15-2022, 04:29 PM

Default Re: iZotope / Exponential Audio reverbs and M1 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
My dealings with them is they always planned to do Stratus/Symphony (since they are bundled in the post bundle.) This wasn't a change in plan. They had/have no other reverbs in the surround/immersive space.

But they have/had no intention of doing the other ones. It's going to take some (more) complaints to get that mindset changed. Every dealing with them has been pushing to buy their Neoverb as a replacement for the others. (which is of no interest to me.)
Yes. You are correct. They never put them on the roadmap (just went through the Wayback machine).
I had talked to them about it separate from that (mostly in annoyance).
Old 09-14-2022, 08:12 AM

I just heard this yesterday from the on a communication from Izotope:

The only two recent updates are for Stratus and Symphony.

We added M1 support for them.

I think all the other EA products won't get M1 support and will likely be sunset in the near future. Probably old news, but more definitive from them.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS

Last edited by gives; 09-14-2022 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-10-2022, 05:48 AM

This is the only reverbs they seem to be including in their Post Production and Music bundles, and they seemed to have updated the UI. So I say that also lends credence to their statement
Old 10-10-2022, 11:58 AM

That's a shame and I hope they change their minds.

Last edited by Eric Lambert; 10-10-2022 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:06 PM

+1
Old 10-10-2022, 03:29 PM

FYI: I was the one who emailed and talked to them about EA
Stratus 3D and Symphony 3D and pushed them to get it updated for
M1 Support. I talked to a good friend of mine Michael Carnes who designed them and I worked closely with him originally to get them for Immersive usage
and then later for updating for M1. They are both some of the finest Immersive Reverbs available. Remember Michael has retired and is no longer creating any more EA reverbs and therefor I don't expect to see any updates on any of the previous reverbs prior to Stratus and Symphony.
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
iZotope officially announced Stratus 3D and Symphony 3D will be updated for M1 / Silicon.

So they went from leaving them off their roadmap entirely, to a period of non-committal statements, and now officially supporting it. I wonder if they had many user requests and/or complaints about it. It's a good decision I believe.

No word on the other EA verbs but these two are the flagships so makes sense.
Good news as I just ordered a new Mac Studio ULTRA. Had to Ventura will not be supporting my old Mac Pro Trash can going forward and either is Avid from what they are telling me. All good. Looking forward to it and have time to actually install everything manually which will save me a ton of headaches. Not sure if it's shipping with Ventura or Monterey, so good I have a solid Mac Pro Trash can to run on.
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 10-10-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
Not sure if it's shipping with Ventura or Monterey, so good I have a solid Mac Pro Trash can to run on.
Considering Ventura hasn’t been released yet, it will definitely arrive with Monterey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Considering Ventura hasn’t been released yet, it will definitely arrive with Monterey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well that depends since my shipping date is not until the end of the month. Oct 25th thru Nov 1st. I know they pad the dates a bit, but still Ventura might even be out sooner. We will see. Ventura is due in Oct.

G
Old 10-10-2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr sound View Post
FYI: I was the one who emailed and talked to them about EA
Stratus 3D and Symphony 3D and pushed them to get it updated for
M1 Support. I talked to a good friend of mine Michael Carnes who designed them and I worked closely with him originally to get them for Immersive usage
and then later for updating for M1. They are both some of the finest Immersive Reverbs available. Remember Michael has retired and is no longer creating any more EA reverbs and therefor I don't expect to see any updates on any of the previous reverbs prior to Stratus and Symphony.
Great Marti!