How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 03-29-2018, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Over 250 Xpand2 Patches FREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Hey Chris, So, I downloaded your patches for Dune 2 and Nexus 2. But for some reason, neither VI can read your files.

Is there some trick to installing these I'm missing?
Not shure but for Nexus2 it might be you don't have the same expensions that I have?
Also not shure why it doesn't work for Dune2. Maby try putting them in the same folder that I have?
C:\Users\your_username\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\

Does the Xpand2! presets work?
Old 03-29-2018, 02:01 PM

Yes Xpand2 worked fine...once I remembered where to find the fricking folder!!

I put your Dune 2 patches in the same folder I have all my other ones in. I can see your folder, but no patches show up! It’s weird. You may be right about the Nexus ones, though I have several of their expansions. But Nexus won’t even read your folder. Don’t know why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-12-2022, 08:26 PM

Hi, does anyone still have the 250 Xpand!2 patches from the AIR User Blog, as well as the Structure patches? Hunted them down in the past but had little success. Tried contacting Russ on his instagram but unfortunately had no response. Almost all the people I've contacted said they no longer own them, or own very few patches. Hopefully these are not lost to time.
Old 06-13-2022, 03:27 AM

Sorry but I no longer have these.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robruce View Post
FYI a friendly warning...
Lost these, and when found again probably five years ago now, they downloaded ok along with a virus which then directed any
browsing to some weird URL trying to ransom the computer. No matter where the browser was pointed the same site came up.

The patches had been hung out as bait, which I snapped up, my mistake. First and only time (so far) a virus made it in.
Once I finally discovered Malwarebytes it purged the persistent redirect action.

So if you do find them be sure it's offered by a reputable host.
Thanks for posting!

Found the 20 @ Xpand!2 Preset Folders (30 Arp to 49 XiliVocoder) today!
Feels like the right thing to do is to send them to their inventor: DUC Moderator Crizdee/Chris,
so I sent Chris an email today. No reply so far.
You know it’ll be safe if you get these Presets via a new download link from Chris (the other links in this 2009 Thread no longer work)
Old 06-14-2022, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
... Found the 20 @ Xpand!2 Preset Folders (30 Arp to 49 XiliVocoder) today! (An old HDD from about 2014)
Feels like the right thing to do is to send them to their inventor: DUC Moderator Crizdee/Chris, so I sent Chris an email today ...
Woops – I managed to really stuff this up big time!
Please accept my sincere apologies for getting this so totally wrong!

Moderator crizdee/Chris very kindly replied and told me that the inventor of these Xpand!2 patches is actually Moderator chrisdee/Christian!

I’ve just sent Christian a PM – will report back with more news (if and when!)

Last edited by unkJE; 06-14-2022 at 09:53 PM. Reason: to be continued ...
Old 07-01-2022, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur624 View Post
Hi, does anyone still have the 250 Xpand!2 patches from the AIR User Blog, as well as the Structure patches? Hunted them down in the past but had little success. Tried contacting Russ on his instagram but unfortunately had no response. Almost all the people I've contacted said they no longer own them, or own very few patches. Hopefully these are not lost to time.
Hi,

I wonder if maby there are the patches I made a long time ago.
Unfortunately I don't have the excact same patches any longer my self. I keep updating along the way.

It's pretty easy to make your own as all the sounds are found in the parts list in Xpand2!.
I do however have an updated set of xpand2! patches wich Im happy to share if anyobody wants them.
Just let me know here.

When it comes to Structure I uninstalled it many years ago as ive gone over to tx16wx sampler wich suits me much better. Unfortunately I can't find the Structure patches any longer.

If anybody finds them you are free to use them as you wish. Im just happy to share.
Old 07-01-2022, 02:14 AM

I've got a few of the Structure sounds downloaded from the Air User Blog, but would love to get the lot. I just picked sounds off as I needed them, but should have collected the whole list at the time.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin ice View Post
I've got a few of the Structure sounds downloaded from the Air User Blog, but would love to get the lot. I just picked sounds off as I needed them, but should have collected the whole list at the time.
Heyo, is it possible if you could upload the patches you have at some time (or if possible)? Maybe you have some that I'm missing in my collection of those patches
Old 07-06-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
… Unfortunately I don't have the excact same patches any longer my self.
Hi Christian
I sent you a WeTransfer link for your original 20 @ Xpand!2 Preset Folders (30 Arp through to 49 XiliVocoder) …

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
… I do however have an updated set of xpand2! patches wich Im happy to share if anyobody wants them.
Just let me know here.
I’d like to hear your updated set of Xpand2! patches - please send me a link – thank you!

… after reading Post #45 below, seems safest to get these patches directly from Christian!
https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robruce View Post
FYI a friendly warning...
Lost these, and when found again probably five years ago now, they downloaded ok along with a virus which then directed any
browsing to some weird URL trying to ransom the computer. No matter where the browser was pointed the same site came up
The patches had been hung out as bait, which I snapped up, my mistake. First and only time (so far) a virus made it in.
Once I finally discovered Malwarebytes it purged the persistent redirect action.
So if you do find them be sure it's offered by a reputable host.