Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2019, 08:59 AM

Default bug report

Can't seem to figure out if there is an official place to post these so I thought I'd drop them here:

1) Import AAF/OMF, "Copy from source media" or "Link to media" resets to "link" after every reboot. This used to stay put.

2) "Copy and relink media" in Workspace, is buggy. Once a linked AAM/OMF is copied to the audio files folder, Protools has a hard time finding media from that point forward.

3) "Import Session Data: "Match tracks", "Overlay new on existing playlists" is buggy too. The wrong audio gets placed within clip boundaries-- usually repeating bits of audio

4) "Import Session Data", Tracks now default to medium height, which I personally find to be an annoyance-- using up too much screen space to be useful and requiring extra time to resize.

I've noticed these problems in the last few versions of PT; I can't say exactly where they started, but within the last year I'd guess.

www.TakomaMedia.com
Old 03-08-2019, 10:23 AM

Default Re: bug report

Yes. And sometimes it corrupts an OMF. I've taken to copying the actual OMF files into the PT session folder prior to import so that when it corrupts one, I haven't lost it.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 03-11-2019, 05:06 AM

What PT version are you using now?
Have you tried 2018.12 using the same omf/aaf?
Where are these omf's coming from? Premiere/Mediacomposer/Resolve?
Old 03-13-2019, 09:02 AM

I'm running 2018.12 now, but I started seeing this earlier.

Most of these AAFs/OMFS I get these days are from Premiere and Avid.

I just tested with AVID AAFs and the forth AAF I tried to import came across corrupt. It had a different track count than the first three, so that might have something to do with it; I didn't have a problem importing the first three which all had the same track count, and the same AAF was fine when I opened it on it's own.

www.TakomaMedia.com
Old 03-14-2019, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhumphries View Post
Can't seem to figure out if there is an official place to post these so I thought I'd drop them here:

1) Import AAF/OMF, "Copy from source media" or "Link to media" resets to "link" after every reboot. This used to stay put.

2) "Copy and relink media" in Workspace, is buggy. Once a linked AAM/OMF is copied to the audio files folder, Protools has a hard time finding media from that point forward.

3) "Import Session Data: "Match tracks", "Overlay new on existing playlists" is buggy too. The wrong audio gets placed within clip boundaries-- usually repeating bits of audio

4) "Import Session Data", Tracks now default to medium height, which I personally find to be an annoyance-- using up too much screen space to be useful and requiring extra time to resize.

I've noticed these problems in the last few versions of PT; I can't say exactly where they started, but within the last year I'd guess.

I can confirm the Match tracks function in "Import Session Data" is broken since 2018.1 (on Mac - I don't know about the Windows versions).
Have the exact problem with the repeating bits of audio mentioned above.

Still not fixed in 2018.12.
Reported about it in this thread:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...t+session+data

Best regards,
Old 04-01-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
Yes. And sometimes it corrupts an OMF. I've taken to copying the actual OMF files into the PT session folder prior to import so that when it corrupts one, I haven't lost it.
Is there a fix for this? Happened to me after dialogue Edit. Can’t manage to get it synced back and I was trying to avoid starting all over again.

Cheers!!
Old 04-02-2019, 06:30 AM

The easiest way out of an instance of the problem is to have the video editor resend you the OMF, or to re-export it if you used the original. Choose Manually Relink and tell PT to search by filename only. I don't know of any way to fix the corrupted OMF. It has to be replaced with a good copy.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 04-02-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish View Post
I can confirm the Match tracks function in "Import Session Data" is broken since 2018.1 (on Mac - I don't know about the Windows versions).
Have the exact problem with the repeating bits of audio mentioned above.

Still not fixed in 2018.12.
Reported about it in this thread:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...t+session+data

Best regards,
I have a bug reported on this as well, only if you are overlaying media with the match tracks function, and you happen to have automation on any of the tracks in your session that you are 'matching' to, you can kiss that automation goodbye
Old 04-02-2019, 07:25 AM

Thanks for the reply. I ended up downloading the original omfs again as the sizes had changed. I had to do it a couple of time whilst working on the project. I couldn’t manually re sync the omf with a new one because the session would crash if I tried to do it. I was just wondering if anybody knew why this would happen. Cheers tho!!!
Old 04-02-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Harry View Post
I have a bug reported on this as well, only if you are overlaying media with the match tracks function, and you happen to have automation on any of the tracks in your session that you are 'matching' to, you can kiss that automation goodbye
I discovered that the bug occurs when one or more tracks differ between the omf's.

When using Match Tracks and also need to CREATE NEW TRACK(S) from within the import session data-window.

Something happens when creating the new tracks - that's when all the clip boundaries get's filled up with the same sound.

Real workflow-breaker!
This all started to happen in 2018.1. Never a problem before that. Still not fixed!

Best,
S