Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM

Default VI latency on HDX VS TDM

- so I have two rigs I work on all the time...HD3 on a 6core 3.33 and HDX1 on a 12 core. When I program synths and drums on the HD3 rig things slide out a bit when I hit record on a new VI track - it's annoying, like really...however on the HDX it's so out of time I almost can't play any new parts. What's up with that ? Laso I have to have buffer on the HDX at 512 at least to get any sort of ok performance on the native side...anyone else notice this ? not upgrading my TDM rig till HDX gets sorted out...
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 AM

Default Re: VI latency on HDX VS TDM

Details on settings and systems,
but sounds like delay comp max and long, Try DC off. Try lower than 512 buffer.
512 and above get a little mushy (Can be acceptable). Also look at the midi offsets and midi interface (drivers)