Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2021, 06:08 PM

Default Alt Layer for Quantize soft key?

In the Shift-8 MIDI soft keys layout, is it possible to use the fader module Ctrl button to turn the Quantize (top left button) into Quantize 50% and quantize with 50% strength?

I don't really get how the alt layers work..
Old 07-26-2021, 05:26 AM
Avid

Default Re: Alt Layer for Quantize soft key?

You can customize any of the QuickJump sections to suit your needs which I would recommend. The Alt layers are a bit more advanced -> essentially multiple pages can be revealed beneath the visible by holding down a modifier switch. I would only leverage this for a function that you rarely visit. For the stuff that you need all the time - stick it on the top level of the appropriate page. Here's a bit more on modifying QuickJump functions:

https://youtu.be/EkafQcvy0c8

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 07-26-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
You can customize any of the QuickJump sections to suit your needs which I would recommend. The Alt layers are a bit more advanced -> essentially multiple pages can be revealed beneath the visible by holding down a modifier switch. I would only leverage this for a function that you rarely visit. For the stuff that you need all the time - stick it on the top level of the appropriate page. Here's a bit more on modifying QuickJump functions:

https://youtu.be/EkafQcvy0c8

Jeff
Thanks Jeff - I do see how to do the alternate layer now.. i think quantize 50% would be a good alternate of Quantize but i guess i can’t tell if Quantizing with a specific weight is even euconized
Old 07-29-2021, 06:37 AM
Avid

No, these specific Event Operation attributes are not directly accessible via EUCON.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ