Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Protools refused to load.

Hello everyone, mediumly experienced protools user, neophyte mac user. I'm running Protools LE 6.7 on a Powerbook G4 OS X 10.3.9

Anyway, I did a clean uninstall of protools, because every time I loaded up a session, it would crash...but now I can't load protools at all, as soon as I start the program, I receive this error:

Application Launch Failure: The application "Pro Tools" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "3<Pro Tools PPC dbg><DAE><DSI><DsiWriteHostRegister>"

Pleaeeeaaassee help this is ridiculous, I've never had so many problems with any single program ever.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Protools refused to load.

ey. I had the same exact problem. Read the pro tools general trouble shooting sticky..there's something there that says to delete the the old pro tools files in the preferences folder. I forgot which ones exactly, but it should be in there. If that doesn't work try creating a new administrator account and then reinstall pro tools. If that doesn't work..you're going to need to do an "erase and install" of your operating system. Make sure you back up all of your files before you do.

I just reinstalled my operating system a few hours ago..so now the computer is starting fresh. But now whenever I try to open m-powered I get "network error this program is being used by another user" kind of thing.

By the way..I'm running 1.9GHZ PowerPC G5 with Mac OSX v10.4.2. I have M-Powered 7 and my audio interface is the Project Mix I/O. Anyone out there that can help us out?? I know we'll both ^^^ appreciate this very much. Thanks!

-Mike