How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2013, 06:46 PM

Default Tracks not following faders on PT11HD

Hey guys

I basically only work on the D-Control 32 ES in our large room but last night I started to edit vocals and fixing one of the new productions overall in PT11HD with Avid Artist Control and 2 Mix aswell as one Transport. However when I see the Edit window in PT I see the master fader up top and then the auxes and then channels but when I nudge or tab for the channels to come up to where I am sitting on the control (the 2 mix are left of me) I see that the faders on the units doesn't correspond with the PT edit window aka the track list from top to bottom, I see the units jump 8 tracks at a time but seem to be skipping some tracks and they never end up in order

MBPr 2013 OSX 10.8.5 PT11HD .0.2

What am I doing wrong as I know something is setup incorrectly.. This can't be meant to function like this right?

Thanks as always
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-19-2013, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Tracks not following faders on PT11HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hey guys

I basically only work on the D-Control 32 ES in our large room but last night I started to edit vocals and fixing one of the new productions overall in PT11HD with Avid Artist Control and 2 Mix aswell as one Transport. However when I see the Edit window in PT I see the master fader up top and then the auxes and then channels but when I nudge or tab for the channels to come up to where I am sitting on the control (the 2 mix are left of me) I see that the faders on the units doesn't correspond with the PT edit window aka the track list from top to bottom, I see the units jump 8 tracks at a time but seem to be skipping some tracks and they never end up in order

MBPr 2013 OSX 10.8.5 PT11HD .0.2

What am I doing wrong as I know something is setup incorrectly.. This can't be meant to function like this right?

Thanks as always
Christopher
This is the most demanding feature for years. I hope it will be implemented in next updates...

Though, there's a bit pricey workaround: get some HUI based controller like Presonus Faderfort or similar and you'll get this feature back.I think you can also use VControl for iPad, it's also HUI. (I have it but never used here on main system. If I find a time, I could check it today).

I've used Command8 together with Artist devices (until I sold it last spring because of lack of space at my desk and fear about lacking support in PT11), and tracks followed edit/mix all the time.

I wish I never sold my C8. Greatest mistake this year.
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8
Old 12-25-2013, 01:09 PM

Hi denka,

So you're saying that just adding a HUI controller this function is back?!?!? Or do I have to use HUI instead of Eucon?

This is the most requested feature since Eucon creation and all we get from avid is... We are working on it...

I gave up already... Sad.

Hackintosh, 3,7 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, PT HDX 2023.9.0, SSL 4040G+, tons of outboard

Mac Book M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, OSX 23.6, PT Studio 2023.9.0
Old 12-25-2013, 01:51 PM

That's what I am wondering too as you say "get a command8" or something similar instead or aswell? We just bought 4! Units so I hardly think we would get a cheaper HUI controller as a "fix" for that if that is what you meant? Like saying yeah we know, get a SSL Duality and that will fix your issues

Regarding V-Control we already have that but since the metering is broken on Ipad4 with I OS7 and up that option is out the window too ..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-25-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis View Post
Hi denka,

So you're saying that just adding a HUI controller this function is back?!?!? Or do I have to use HUI instead of Eucon?
I was pretty clear, HUI for HUI, Eucon for Eucon.
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8
Old 12-25-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
That's what I am wondering too as you say "get a mackie" instead or aswell? We just bought 4! Units so I hardly thing we would get a cheaper HUI controller as a "fix" for that if that is what you meant? Like saying yeah we know, get a SSL Duality and that will fix your issues

Regarding V-Control we already have that but since the metering is broken on Ipad4 with I OS7 and up that option is out the window too ..

I've tried V-CPro and it really fixes "Tracks etc etc...".

But, if you combine HUI with Eucon, metering don't work on HUI devices, so, no win-win situation (we discussed about these issues here a year or two ago and HUI metering is known Pro Tools, not IOS7, bug I completely forgot about, sorry) - kind of "Duality" but not SSL's.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denka View Post
I've tried V-CPro and it really fixes "Tracks etc etc...".

But, if you combine HUI with Eucon, metering don't work on HUI devices, so, no win-win situation (we discussed about these issues here a year or two ago and HUI metering is known Pro Tools, not IOS7, bug I completely forgot about, sorry) - kind of "Duality" but not SSL's.
Hey Denka

Thanks for pointing that out as I have emailed Neyrinck 20 times without any solution so Thank You again for that. Now I can let it go and make music instead of trying to sort that crap out

God Fortsδttning och Gott Nytt Εr

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————