Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-09-2010, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0 LE will not start and Error appears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave911 View Post
The access violation just means pro tools or some plugin or driver Protools starts has tried to access a piece of protected or defective memory.
Top suspect is a hardware drivers for digi hardware, firewire or whatever else might only be used by Protools.
Could also be a DEP violation.

MSVCR80.dll is the link library that was trying to do the memory call when things went wrong. Unless you have a virus or a disk problem MSVCR80.dll is probably not the problem.

Correcting what I said above about the DLL not being the problem apparently some non-english versions (including Dutch and German) have special problems with the C++ lib. and the DLL version getting out of sync.
OK I understand, but a view things I don't. (maybe I'm a noob or my English is to bad) DEP voilation???

1 Thing for sure I don't got a virus and a disk problem I don't know how to check this?

I thought about trowing everything of PT LE and Digidesign out of my PC and starting all over again in the right way. (I read that I mustn't connect my Mbox2 when he ask and I did so that good be a problem)

I've you have got a other solution or things to try, please let me hear it.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:45 PM

+1 for me. Everytime I go to load a second session I get this error sometime during running the second session of the night. It's pretty much killing my workflow and looks bad in front of clients.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)
Old 02-12-2010, 02:46 PM

New Rounds:

At the moment I'm installing Pro Tools LE 8.0 all over again in the way I read in a other thread:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=265499

I just though about doing it in this way:

1) Copying my DAE folder with all my plugins to an other HDD (don't want to installing evrything again because I'm only refressing Pro Tools again)
2) Uninstall Protools (8.03 because it was already on my system)
3) Reboots
4) Install Protools 8.0
5) Update to beta 8.03
6) Reboot
7) Driver update for Mbox2
8) Reboot
9) Copying back my DAE folder to the wright location

10) HOPING THAT IT'S GOING TO WORK

I'll let you know when it's ready and if this way works
Old 02-12-2010, 03:41 PM

I don't know what is going wrong but every thing I do, IT WON'T WORK

Just followed every procedure but it will not work? The same error as i described with the MSVCR80.dll

don't know what to do in 64bit any more. I think I'm going to make a DUAL BOOT so I finally can work with Pro Tools but than on 32bit on a other HDD
Old 02-12-2010, 03:48 PM

To one of the admins:

I'm going to drop this thread(link) in the new thread in the map where the Update for Pro Tools is being discussed so you can close this on.