Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-14-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Updating form 6x to 7x using older process cards

I am using the older PCI cards on a Mac G5 that says it has the PCI\X slots.I have installed 7.3 and now every time that I try to launch Pro Tools it acts like it is not seeing the interface.Is there an update I need to do. Some body please help cause I am alittle bit new to this and I am in dire straits
Old 08-14-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Updating form 6x to 7x using older process cards

1) Did you run a de-installer b4 installing the new version?
2) Did you repair permissions?
3) if you used software update to OS 10.4.9 or 10.4.10 you need to install the Appple Combo update
3) the troubleshooting information at the top of this forum may help.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:49 AM

I bought a newer Mac to run this program. Then I installed the cards into this Mac(G5) from another Mac that I had(G4).I installed the software and it acts like it doesn't recognize the cards that I put in it.These cards that I have are the PCI cards.Does it make a difference since it says that this newer Mac has the PCI\X slots.WHat it acts like is the interface is not seeing the cards.It does the exact same thing if I unplug the interface.Then try to launch Pro Tools.This system worked properly in the older Mac on version6.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 AM

I bought a newer Mac to run this program. Then I installed the cards into this Mac(G5) from another Mac that I had(G4).I installed the software and it acts like it doesn't recognize the cards that I put in it.These cards that I have are the PCI cards.Does it make a difference since it says that this newer Mac has the PCI\X slots.WHat it acts like is the interface is not seeing the cards.It does the exact same thing if I unplug the interface.Then try to launch Pro Tools.This system worked properly in the older Mac on version6. Thank you getting back to me so quickly.I did download the combo update
Old 08-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Avid

Which model Mac is this?

When you say it's acting like it's not seeing the interface, what happens, exactly? Do you get an 'unable to locate Digidesign hardware' message? Which interface are you using and which card is it plugged into? Are you sure your flex cables are installed properly (Slot B on the Core to Slot A on the Process - the opposite of what intuition would tell you..)? What happens if you pull out the process card - does Pro Tools launch normally then?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 AM

I am using a 192 digital interface.I haven't tried unplugging the process cards but I will try,but yes I do have the flex cable connected B port feeding the A port. Thanks again cause I have been struggling with this for about 2 weeks.