How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2015, 05:04 PM

Default Protools 11 track error

Hey all,

Since I bought protools a few months ago, I've been unable to create new tracks without getting an error message that reads "there are more audio tracks than the allowed maximum, as a result one or more audio tracks won't play", I can't put any created tracks into record mode, and I can't open a previous session and hear the tracks I've already recorded before I started getting this error. I'm on a macbook pro 13" and I have the student discount version, which I understand has a track limit but not being able to create and record on a single track is pretty frustrating.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-17-2015, 05:10 PM

Question Re: Protools 11 track error

Do you have this problem if you create a new, empty session and add a single mono audio track?
Old 02-17-2015, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Protools 11 track error

What *exact* version of Pro Tools do you have?

If creating a new session does not help, try trashing preferences.

In general make sure you read the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link up top of this DUC page. Including the directions there for trashing prefs.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Protools 11 track error

Yeah, I get the same error even if it's just a completely empty session with only one mono track.

Darryl, I'm running 11.2.1. I'll go check that help link out now, thanks. Sorry if this question is asked a lot, I'm just stressed about trying to get this tracking done for an assignment.