How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-02-2023, 04:20 PM

Default teeny tiny pro tools please help

When I open pro tools is very small.
It's not the window size.
I know how to maximize and minimize windows.
It's pro tools itself like the tracks, mixer, the pro tools box that opens before pro tools actually opens.
Everything is teeny tiny.
Old 01-02-2023, 04:33 PM

Default Re: teeny tiny pro tools please help

Can you try following the DUC rules and not create more than one thread for a problem. And read and follow "Help us Help You" up the top of each DUC web page.

You have not even bothered to provide useful info, not even a clue if you are on Windows or Mac, what OS version or what Pro Tools version you are running and no info about what standard troubeoshootin you have tried... some of which you should do before posting here. Consequently many folks here are going to ignore your posts like this. And maybe for UI problems post a screenshot on a image or file sharing site and post the link here.
Old 01-02-2023, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my-name-is-thanos View Post
Nobody was replying to me so why does it matter?
Maybe you can follow the "duc rules" and not be rude?
"it" matters because folks are likely not replying because you don't provide any useful info. Why is that so hard to understand?

Folks here are not your servants, especially not when you are too lazy to help yourself. You are not a new user you have been around enough to know how stuff works.
Old 01-02-2023, 04:47 PM

Here you go: https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support
Old 01-02-2023, 04:55 PM

No sense of entitlement? What a clown.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:09 PM

This is a user forum, other users will tend to help you if your provide basic info. When you cross post stuff in multiple threads it makes a mess for other users, you might not see that happen straight away, but over time folks will find your threads and start posting replies and not see the other replies and will be asking the same questions. It may or may not happen but when it does it can turn into a mess for other users and mods trying to clean stuff up.

The reason I did not reply to your first thread was I did not have time then to interrogate you to found out any useful info about your setup (and if it's Windows there are much better folks here who can help you). I saw you post again, so I pointed out why you are likely not getting replies (total lack of info).

Try posting the info asked for. And.. Pro Tools version (is it really 12.x?), what are your computer displays, display and scaling settings? When did this start happening?

Edit: And if you are on Windows be aware of this: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ors-on-Windows If your display is put into a high resolution mode Pro Tools UI may be scaled down. That sometimes might happen seemingly without user involvement maybe if drivers are updated.
Old 01-02-2023, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my-name-is-thanos View Post
I understand that specs matter.
Every time I come on here, I think it's funny how y'all are so quick to jump on somebody about specs.
I really dont understand how specs matter that much when it's something as simple as the size of a pro tools window.
Should be able to change that easily no matter what you are using.
I'm not trying to be rude that's just what I think.
Okay. You are objectively wrong.

1. Darryl is patient and willing to go through lengths to point out that DUC has rules and a process for users helping users. Darryl is graciously spending lots of time trying to help you help yourself through this bug.

2. Furthermore, Darryl isn't rude to point out the use of specs. One of the "specs" of my monitor is a number by a number. My screen aspect ratio is 16:9. In 2005 most computers and DAWs would likely be running on 4:3. My iMac is 5120 x 2880 pixels. Did you know my screen resolution in System Settings is carefully set to 2560 x 1440? Did you know that if I didn't do that, wow, it would look different on my display. I think it would be wise to assume someone with 10000+ posts on a user help forum asking about specs has a reason to ask.

3. You're the one who's been rude.

4. I'll point out again SPECS are what matter here, not the "argument" you've imagined with the windmill.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 01-03-2023, 05:17 AM

looks like dude went through and deleted all his own replies... then posted again...
* Soundtoys + Valhalla + Fabfilter + Spitfire
* RME Fireface UCX II ~ Arturia Keylab Essential 49
* various clarinets, trumpets, flutes, plucky stringy thingies