Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-03-2022, 02:55 PM

Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

EddieJones nailed it. Thanks so much!

Model Name: Mac Studio
Model Identifier: Mac13,2
Chip: Apple M1 Ultra
Total Number of Cores: 20 (16 performance and 4 efficiency)
Memory: 64 GB

Activation Lock Status: Enabled

Carbon
Antelope Orion Studio 2017
2x Samsung PSSD T7 Shield Media

My name is Matthew Saccuccimorano
Old 01-29-2023, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
As Howard says there seems to be a problem with the migration. If you can do what Howard says that would help us determine the issue. A workaround we think fixes the issue is to change your computer name and reboot. It can be just one character. This is done in System Preferences->Sharing.
Don’t use the Edit button, just change it right in the Computer Name field then tab out of it.
Thanks for that - that fixed things for me too.

Which is weird 'cos I did a fresh install on my Mac Studio to avoid issues like this!

Ah well - we appear to be good now :)
Old 02-21-2023, 01:40 AM

Hi, found this thread and was hoping it would solve my issue as it seems exactly the same.. M1 Ultra Studio (Running Monterey 12.6.3) which detects the S1's through Eucon (2022.9) but won't communicate with Pro Tools (2022.10). I have tried the name change, ticking rosetta in both Eucontrol and MC_Client and also removing both Eucontrol and MC_Client from Security/Accessibility reboot and then re-adding. I've also done fresh reinstalls and tried a combination of compatible Eucon/PT combinations. I've contacted support but still waiting on a response and it's quite a pressing issue. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 02-22-2023, 08:57 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgesenior View Post
Hi, found this thread and was hoping it would solve my issue as it seems exactly the same.. M1 Ultra Studio (Running Monterey 12.6.3) which detects the S1's through Eucon (2022.9) but won't communicate with Pro Tools (2022.10). I have tried the name change, ticking rosetta in both Eucontrol and MC_Client and also removing both Eucontrol and MC_Client from Security/Accessibility reboot and then re-adding. I've also done fresh reinstalls and tried a combination of compatible Eucon/PT combinations. I've contacted support but still waiting on a response and it's quite a pressing issue. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi George:

Could you post a screen shot of the Discover app as described in these two posts?

https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=22

and

https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=...8&postcount=24

Thank you
Old 02-23-2023, 09:21 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgesenior View Post
Can you also check the Workstation tab in EuControl and see if its listed in the right hand column.
Old 02-25-2023, 08:06 PM

I have a Mac Studio M1 Max 10 core 32 core GPU. IPad app would shut down the control app all on its own till I read a post to run Eucontrol on the Mac in Rosetta . Has stopped doing that since I did that .
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 02-28-2023, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
I have a Mac Studio M1 Max 10 core 32 core GPU. IPad app would shut down the control app all on its own till I read a post to run Eucontrol on the Mac in Rosetta . Has stopped doing that since I did that .

Also checking in here. Mac Studio Ultra, 12.5.1, PT Ultimate 22.10, Eucontrol 22.9, S1+Dock+iPad. After opening in Rosetta, I haven't had any Control App crashes or loss of connection with either the iPad or Dock/S1. iPad is connected directly via ethernet adapter.
Old 02-28-2023, 05:52 PM

That's interesting. I'm not using the control app, just MC Control and MC Mix so I'm letting Eucon run native and no problems with that setup.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Avid

We have found the issue that is fixed running under Rosetta and it will be in 22.12.1 (so you can run natively again)
Old 03-03-2023, 12:35 AM

This may sound like a stupid response but I had a 2nd mac on my network via wifi with eucintol installed on it and whenever that network mac was booted up and Eucontrol was active it would take control of all my controllers. I was scratching my head wondering why my main Mac wasn't allowing me to access the controllers. Then I realized the network mac has seized control of all of them. I quit Eucontrol on the network mac and all was able to have access to all my controllers again.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com