Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 05-03-2021, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Windows Dark Mode FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor4814 View Post
This has been working great for me.

However, after trying the Borderless Pro Tools application here http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415078 (which was unsuccessful for me) now I can no longer get the Matte theme back working again - the menu and title bars will not change to dark colors...

Any thoughts on how I can make it work again?
The developer there has stated that "program does not change any external files or registry. It is using code snippets from user32.dll (integrated system winapi library)"

Thanks for any ideas...
Update: OK, after *uninstalling* the UXThemePatcher, rebooting, then re-installing it, rebooting again, and then setting Matte theme and Pro Tools dark mode, it now works as before.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:44 AM

After recent Win 10 and PT updates, the UXThemePatcher + Matte theme solution for PT Dark Mode on Windows seems to be no longer working for me, despite several uninstalls/reboots/installs...

Is anyone still getting this to work? Or have found other solutions?

--------------------------------
  • Pro Tools Software
    version 2021.10

• Win 10 Home
    Version 21H1
    OS build 19043.1320
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0
Old 11-01-2021, 01:31 PM

I decided to give it a try even though I'd rather not press my luck and download custom 3rd party themes and skins onto Windows, I thought maybe it was worth a shot. Give pt a face lift and maybe force it to have a more consistent appearance. I'm currently on Windows 11 pro, and i couldn't get it to work. I decided I should probably leave it at that before I break anything.

I think I saw another post somewhere about a borderless mod for the parent / child windows but I haven't given that a try just yet. A lot of screen real estate is blocked off as a natural consequence for having a parent child window system, I just hope that someday Avid can come up with their own solution that just works out of the box.
Old 11-01-2021, 05:04 PM

^^this^^

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 05-29-2022, 02:16 PM

Bumping this thread. I'd love to get mine looking like the first screenshot in post 1. Any chance Avid will get this fixed any time soon?
Old 11-05-2022, 08:43 AM

Hi, sorry to anyone who posted for help I don’t check this super often

If you’re not seeing the theme you’re probably not patched via uxthemepatcher and you can become unpatched after an update or reinstall etc…

If you are not patched the installer will tell you so, and it’s because you haven’t taken ownership of certain system files

Please follow the guide on ultrauxthemepatcher’s website (I’ve been using their patcher lately anyway), scroll down to FAQ

https://mhoefs.eu/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en
Old 01-17-2023, 02:18 PM

So......did anyone ever figure out a good method for recoloring the child windows, I haven't had much luck
Old 01-22-2023, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateAlexander View Post
You know those ugly aero MDI child window borders?

No this is not a photoshop

Yep, it is photoshopped, not many will see what's wrong with it, but I can
Old 01-24-2023, 10:54 AM

as far as i know, custom windows themes are dodgy at best and seems to get harder with each major windows update that we get. plus, having added layers of UI tweaks is something I'd imagine would have a net negative impact on compute performance. If it's coded badly, then those skins would have to load or render the default UI in addition to the custom skin that it then has to load on top of everything.

It reminds me of when my sister downloaded Windows Blinds back in the day. That laptop was slow as heck but it looked pretty.

Anyways, I reckon this little quirk of Pro Tools is indicative of a systemic problem within Pro Tools and how it's developed. Not just because of the Windows Vista borders, but also because the daw itself, you'd think, is almost incompatible with a 4k monitor.

Eventually I just got tired of it and bought a Mac instead. wild how all those visual / UI bugs and quirks just magically disappeared. Still hoping for some of these things to receive a nice update but I'm not longer going to hold my breath on it.

I regard PT now to be really a Mac app despite being advertised as cross platform. This isn't unique to PT, I've learned. Universal Audio on Windows is just as awful. Luckily apogee works in the way you expect it to.