Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 02-26-2024, 12:15 PM

Default Issue with Playlist Names Changing When Cycling Through Playlists in Pro Tools

Hello fellow Pro Tools users,

I've encountered a behavior in Pro Tools that I'm hoping to get some clarity on. When I use the Command+Shift+Down Arrow (on Mac) to cycle through material in the Edit selection from the next playlist, I've noticed that once I've cycled through all the playlists and returned to the starting playlist, the name of the playlist changes (the number at the end goes up continuously.)

Here's a screen recording for context

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mK...9&usp=drive_fs

To my understanding, when cycling through playlists, once you return to the starting playlist, a "home" icon should appear, indicating no clip edits are made, and any previous clip separation edits are healed. However, I'm also observing a change in the playlist name, which seems unintended.

Is this a standard feature, or could it be a bug? If it's a feature, what could be the rationale behind the automatic renaming? I'm looking to understand this better to streamline my workflow and avoid any unnecessary confusion.

Thanks in advance for your insights!