How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 01-27-2024, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Remote Control of Carbon Volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
Can you elaborate on how you would envision "software" control of Monitor functions? Unlike Cubase/Nuendo, Protools does not have a Monitor control section. So enabling Eucon on the Carbon would do nothing for Protools unless they rewrite Protools and add a Monitor section. I think both the OP and I would like to see some kind of hardware solution and like I posted before, the only Eucon surfaces with Monitor control are the S4/S6.
Sure - great questions!
As for software control, my ideal implementation of this kind of thing would be via a floating window in Pro Tools, like in the vein of the color palette or memory locations, maybe with a similar format to the Studio Control app with the MBOX Studio (see attached image below). A floating, keyboard shortcut activate-able window would be really handy, but even monitoring setup options in the Hardware Setup menu would be helpful!

As for Eucon, it would be great if they made all of the functions of Carbon’s monitoring addressable by Eucon; I could imagine adding a monitor control page to the Avid Control app, as well as being able to assign soft key shortcuts to things like alt switching/dim/mute/etc. Maybe the coolest possibility with having those controls addressable with Eucon would immediately allow exactly what you’re wanting in some kind of desktop monitor control: using SoundFlow with Pro Tools and Eucon to map those controls onto a Stream Deck Plus, kind of like engineer Andrew Scheps’ MOMDeck app for controlling the Dadman monitor section via the Stream Deck, or any other MIDI/etc device you may have handy.

If I had my druthers, I’d love if there was a numerical representation of Carbon’s monitor gain, as I’m regularly switching between delivery specs of -24LUFS and -16LUFS, and a numerical representation would allow me precise and accurate recall of my ideal monitor gain for each (as well as music mixing, tracking, etc). (I've loved this in the Console app for UA Apollo interfaces, and the Control app for MBOX Studio.)

Here’s hoping for a good solution for all of us (I'd love desktop control as well)!
(And thank you @Marianna for passing word along!)

here's the image of the floating monitor control window from the MBox Control app:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MBOX-Studio_Monitor-window.jpg (20.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by plunderpot; 01-27-2024 at 03:05 PM.