Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 01-10-2024, 11:20 AM

Default MTRX STUDIO Mic Pre IAC problem

Just getting up and running with MTRX Studio and have discovered that the IAC Driver for DADman Midi Setup to control the 2 Mic Res messes up midi/instrument plugins. The IAC channels seem to be sending random **** to any midi/instrument track. In my case it kept panning things to the left. Also seems to mess up routing plugin outputs to Aux inputs. I set up MTRX/DADman exactly as laid out in manual and Youtube Vid. I tried removing S1 as well as keyboard controller so no other midi. Turned all automation off. Then disabled the 2 IAC channels for DADman and BINGO! All goes back to normal. There seems to be no way to change the bus midi channels in OSX Audio/Midi Studio.
Please help! Anyone else experience this? For now I'll just control mic pres from the front panel of the MTRX Studio.
Thank You.
Old 01-10-2024, 11:48 AM

Default Re: MTRX STUDIO Mic Pre IAC problem

I posted about a similar issue here (the instrument plugins being messed up by PRE absolutely must be a bug, it makes no sense):

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=427172

I hope it gets on to Avid/DAD's radar...
Old 01-10-2024, 11:53 AM
Avid

Can you folks please start a case and then send me the case# and I will get it escalated to ensure that the bug is addressed. Thanks.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 01-10-2024, 01:50 PM

Will do, thank You. Kind of surprising that no one thought to check instrument plugins with MTRX Studio??
Old 01-10-2024, 01:59 PM

Case # 04739242
Old 01-10-2024, 04:18 PM
Avid

Thanks for that.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 01-12-2024, 05:57 AM

Received this response:

Thank you for contacting Avid Technical Support. I would like to suggest trying to either set the input of the Instrument track to the specific MIDI controller (e.g. keyboard) or block MIDI CC 10 in the MIDI Input Filter in Pro Tools.

If you have any questions or updates, feel free to reply to this message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Daniel Rey
Avid Technical Support

Not even sure what he means by "set the inputs to the specific midi controller".
Nor does this address the output assignment problems.
Old 01-12-2024, 08:34 AM

is all this stuff happening because the IAC bus for PRE becomes just another MIDI input so when you have an instrument track in record mode the PRE controls are writing into it like every other enabled MIDI input?

Filtering CCs is just a bad workaround for the bug if so - PRE-defined MIDI I/O should automatically be filtered from everywhere but the preamps.

Isn’t that the real bug Jeff/Eddie?