Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 01-10-2024, 09:13 AM

Default What is 9900-71255-01 "IP Audio Dante Module"

I know the modules which slid into the ports on the MTRX, but what is this module for?
There is no description on any of the pages about this card or places which sell this card.

A) Is this card necessary to get Dante on the built-in network port?

2) If not, how does one activate Dante on the stock network port as the MTRX descriptions state the local port has 256 chnls of Dante, but I do not see that option in DADman, I just see AES, DigiLink, MADI, and the Penta72x Dante module I installed in the card slot.

D) If this card activates native Dante, will this work on both generations of MTRX?

Thanks for clearing up my confusion

Last edited by Xhalo0zero; 01-10-2024 at 10:32 AM. Reason: edited to ask about device generation and separate questions
Old 01-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Avid

Default Re: What is 9900-71255-01 "IP Audio Dante Module"

Greetings,

That would be a Brooklyn II Dante daughterboard for an original MTRX unit which provides 64 channels of Dante audio @ 48kHz. Yes, this card would be necessary to get IP audio from the built-in ethernet connectors on a MTRX I unit. FYI, it is also possible to add a Dante-128 expansion card to the original MTRX.

MTRX II already has integrated Dante on the mainboard, so no expansion is necessary to get 256 channels of Dante right out of the box.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 01-10-2024, 06:20 PM

Also, to add to Jeff, that module was changed to the Brooklyn III (with a different part number, IIRC) when Audinate (Dante makers) ran out of Brooklyn II chips and everyone made the switch to the new chip supply.

(No difference in functionality but there was a firmware update for the MTRX units to start to be able to support the Brooklyn III module.)
Old 01-11-2024, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
... FYI, it is also possible to add a Dante-128 expansion card to the original MTRX. ...

best,

Jeff
Thank you. I do have an expansion card in my MTRX v1 and I just need a few more Dante channels so this will be perfect for my needs.

The details about MTRX II was also helpful as our new facility has that version utilizing MADI I/O and I want to switch them over to Dante, knowing they have this is great news (I assume I would have seen this in DADman had I opened it up on my visit to the new space)

Also a thank you to BScout as I will try to find a part number for the Bkln III card, but at least I have this information which clears up a bunch of my issues.

Thank you both