Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2023, 10:43 AM
marianna's Avatar
marianna marianna is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Apollo Beach Florida
Posts: 601
Default PT Ultimate 2023.6 HD Driver Removed

Heads up peeps....

This forum has a lot of posts and a lot of comments on all different things in each thread so to make this easy to see..... for everyone, I am re-posting a note that Mark Corbin, Sr Principal Product Manager, Professional Audio Systems
added to the Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) forum yesterday.
---------------------------

The 2023.6 HD Driver has been removed from Avid Accounts, the Download Center, and Avid Link as it was causing -6001 errors on a small percentage of intel Macs. **The 2023.3 HD driver is fully compatible with Pro Tools 2023.6 so please us it until further notice **

We have been unable to reproduce this on any of our intel Macs in-house. If possible, please open up a case on the Avid support portal located in your Avid Account and possible, provide logs by running the following Terminal command after a reboot with the 2023.6 HD Driver.

sudo log collect --output ~/Desktop/SystemLogs.logarchive

We will continue to investigate, but I wanted to let you all know that rolling back is 100% compatible while we continue to look into the root cause.

Thanks all!
Mark
_______________
questions, let me know.

Marianna
__________________
Marianna Montague
Sr. Dir. CX and Community | Customer Advocate

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna


We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-22-2023, 01:00 PM
JingleDjango JingleDjango is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 593
Default Re: PT Ultimate 2023.6 HD Driver Removed

I'm unaffected but I appreciate the communication here. Cheers.

Should this thread be a pinned as a sticky?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2023, 02:18 PM
gives's Avatar
gives gives is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,846
Default Re: PT Ultimate 2023.6 HD Driver Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Heads up peeps....

This forum has a lot of posts and a lot of comments on all different things in each thread so to make this easy to see..... for everyone, I am re-posting a note that Mark Corbin, Sr Principal Product Manager, Professional Audio Systems
added to the Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) forum yesterday.
---------------------------

The 2023.6 HD Driver has been removed from Avid Accounts, the Download Center, and Avid Link as it was causing -6001 errors on a small percentage of intel Macs. **The 2023.3 HD driver is fully compatible with Pro Tools 2023.6 so please us it until further notice **

We have been unable to reproduce this on any of our intel Macs in-house. If possible, please open up a case on the Avid support portal located in your Avid Account and possible, provide logs by running the following Terminal command after a reboot with the 2023.6 HD Driver.

sudo log collect --output ~/Desktop/SystemLogs.logarchive

We will continue to investigate, but I wanted to let you all know that rolling back is 100% compatible while we continue to look into the root cause.

Thanks all!
Mark
_______________
questions, let me know.

Marianna
Have not had this issue either, but of course I am on a Mac Studio Ultra. Running Monterey still as of now, but solid. G
__________________
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-27-2023, 01:40 AM
MairusSOU MairusSOU is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2
Default Re: PT Ultimate 2023.6 HD Driver Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Heads up peeps....

This forum has a lot of posts and a lot of comments on all different things in each thread so to make this easy to see..... for everyone, I am re-posting a note that Mark Corbin, Sr Principal Product Manager, Professional Audio Systems
added to the Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) forum yesterday.
---------------------------

The 2023.6 HD Driver has been removed from Avid Accounts, the Download Center, and Avid Link as it was causing -6001 errors on a small percentage of intel Macs. **The 2023.3 HD driver is fully compatible with Pro Tools 2023.6 so please us it until further notice **

We have been unable to reproduce this on any of our intel Macs in-house. If possible, please open up a case on the Avid support portal located in your Avid Account and possible, provide logs by running the following Terminal command after a reboot with the 2023.6 HD Driver.

sudo log collect --output ~/Desktop/SystemLogs.logarchive

We will continue to investigate, but I wanted to let you all know that rolling back is 100% compatible while we continue to look into the root cause.

Thanks all!
Mark
_______________
questions, let me know.

Marianna
Hi! Indeed I'm on MacBook Pro 2020 Intel I5 on MacOS 13.4 and I cannot open protools anymore. Every time I try I have the following message "AAE Error-6001 was encountered. Make sure all audio interfaces are connected prorerly. If so, relaunch Pro Tools and increase the Hardware Buffer size to help avoid this error".
Thing is I already changed the cable to my interface twice, and the window opens before I can have access to the playback engine window.
One thing to know is that I made the udpate last week but protools just stared doing this today without me changing anything in my set up
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-27-2023, 06:01 AM
marianna's Avatar
marianna marianna is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Apollo Beach Florida
Posts: 601
Default Re: PT Ultimate 2023.6 HD Driver Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
I'm unaffected but I appreciate the communication here. Cheers.

Should this thread be a pinned as a sticky?
Since Im still dusting off my duc skills and trying to remember how - I asked Tope to do that and he did yesterday!

Marianna
__________________
Marianna Montague
Sr. Dir. CX and Community | Customer Advocate

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna


We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-27-2023, 06:08 AM
marianna's Avatar
marianna marianna is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Apollo Beach Florida
Posts: 601
Default Re: PT Ultimate 2023.6 HD Driver Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MairusSOU View Post
Hi! Indeed I'm on MacBook Pro 2020 Intel I5 on MacOS 13.4 and I cannot open protools anymore. Every time I try I have the following message "AAE Error-6001 was encountered. Make sure all audio interfaces are connected prorerly. If so, relaunch Pro Tools and increase the Hardware Buffer size to help avoid this error".
Thing is I already changed the cable to my interface twice, and the window opens before I can have access to the playback engine window.
One thing to know is that I made the udpate last week but protools just stared doing this today without me changing anything in my set up
MairusSOU

This isnt the same issue I dont believe so I created a case for you ( 04645696 ) and asked the audio tech team to reach out which they will via email.

Marianna
__________________
Marianna Montague
Sr. Dir. CX and Community | Customer Advocate

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna


We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-01-2023, 05:00 AM
Bill Rigby Bill Rigby is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Sydney,NSW,Australia
Posts: 213
Default Re: PT Ultimate 2023.6 HD Driver Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
MairusSOU

This isnt the same issue I dont believe so I created a case for you ( 04645696 ) and asked the audio tech team to reach out which they will via email.

Marianna
I have also encountered this,
Customer Support Case : 04644878
This is a major issue.
Pro Tools 2023.6 was running fine. Avid link suggested I download and install the 2023.6 Driver.
Upon restart and initiation when loading the Audio driver -6001 error occurred.
I rolled back to the previous driver and Pro Tools version.
The -6001 error continued.
I deleted preferences uninstalled and reinstalled. Still the -6001 error continued.
I checked hardware to find I had lost sync with my Sync HD and one of my 192 interfaces was missing.
I ran Digi test. The HDX card failed and when I checked the peripheral hardware, the digi test stated that one of the 192 firmware was missing.
I disconnected the 2 192`s and 96 I/O. Rebooted and retested the HDX card with Digitest. I failed again.
I notified Melbourne Technical Workshops spoke to Jeff at length, and the following day sent the card to them.
Since this occurred I have read multiple occurrences surrounding major issues with the 2023.6 HD driver and the fact that Avid has recalled this driver as it was causing issues with Intel machines and HD Native and HDX hardware. Another user on the Facebook user group warned about updated firmware whilst using the HD 2023.6 Driver
The Protools User group on face book have had multiple reports of -6001 errors and blank screens and external peripheral failures.
I am waiting for the report from Technical Workshops.
I have lost 5 jobs so far due to this fiasco.
I am extremely disappointed in the lack of response from Avid.
I have been a Pro Tools user since Sound Tools and Audio Media and have owned every piece of hardware (with the exception of control surfaces) that Digidesign and Avid has made except from the rebranded DAD (MTRX).
When I receive a report from Technical Workshops, I will furnish you with the results.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-01-2023, 07:09 AM
marianna's Avatar
marianna marianna is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Apollo Beach Florida
Posts: 601
Default Re: PT Ultimate 2023.6 HD Driver Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rigby View Post
I have also encountered this,
Customer Support Case : 04644878
This is a major issue.
Pro Tools 2023.6 was running fine. Avid link suggested I download and install the 2023.6 Driver.
Upon restart and initiation when loading the Audio driver -6001 error occurred.
I rolled back to the previous driver and Pro Tools version.
The -6001 error continued.
I deleted preferences uninstalled and reinstalled. Still the -6001 error continued.
I checked hardware to find I had lost sync with my Sync HD and one of my 192 interfaces was missing.
I ran Digi test. The HDX card failed and when I checked the peripheral hardware, the digi test stated that one of the 192 firmware was missing.
I disconnected the 2 192`s and 96 I/O. Rebooted and retested the HDX card with Digitest. I failed again.
I notified Melbourne Technical Workshops spoke to Jeff at length, and the following day sent the card to them.
Since this occurred I have read multiple occurrences surrounding major issues with the 2023.6 HD driver and the fact that Avid has recalled this driver as it was causing issues with Intel machines and HD Native and HDX hardware. Another user on the Facebook user group warned about updated firmware whilst using the HD 2023.6 Driver
The Protools User group on face book have had multiple reports of -6001 errors and blank screens and external peripheral failures.
I am waiting for the report from Technical Workshops.
I have lost 5 jobs so far due to this fiasco.
I am extremely disappointed in the lack of response from Avid.
I have been a Pro Tools user since Sound Tools and Audio Media and have owned every piece of hardware (with the exception of control surfaces) that Digidesign and Avid has made except from the rebranded DAD (MTRX).
When I receive a report from Technical Workshops, I will furnish you with the results.
Bill,
there are posts all over the duc and Facebook.... backers to 2023.3 driver and it resolves this. We are working on the 2023.6 driver and will update when we know more.

Here is the one of the posts:


This forum has a lot of posts and a lot of comments on all different things in each thread so to make this easy to see..... for everyone, I am re-posting a note that Mark Corbin, Sr Principal Product Manager, Professional Audio Systems
added to the Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) forum yesterday.
---------------------------

The 2023.6 HD Driver has been removed from Avid Accounts, the Download Center, and Avid Link as it was causing -6001 errors on a small percentage of intel Macs. **The 2023.3 HD driver is fully compatible with Pro Tools 2023.6 so please us it until further notice **

We have been unable to reproduce this on any of our intel Macs in-house. If possible, please open up a case on the Avid support portal located in your Avid Account and possible, provide logs by running the following Terminal command after a reboot with the 2023.6 HD Driver.

sudo log collect --output ~/Desktop/SystemLogs.logarchive

We will continue to investigate, but I wanted to let you all know that rolling back is 100% compatible while we continue to look into the root cause.

Thanks all!
Mark
_______________
questions, let me know.

Marianna
_________
__________________
Marianna Montague
Sr. Dir. CX and Community | Customer Advocate

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna


We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-01-2023, 08:38 PM
Bill Rigby Bill Rigby is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Sydney,NSW,Australia
Posts: 213
Default Re: PT Ultimate 2023.6 HD Driver Removed

Thanks for your reply.
As I stated in my reply, I rolled back north the driver and the PT version .
Twice,,…. Deleted my preferences and reinstalled.
The -6001 errors continued.
This led me to interrogate the hardware via PT .
As mentioned in my post the Sync HD had disappeared as did one of the 192 boxes.
This led me to Digi test as part of the trouble shooting.
The HDX card failed whilst connected to the 2 192 and 1 96 I/O boxes.
I disconnected these peripherals and rebooted and ran digi tested the HDX card which also failed.
I cannot run the sudo test as I have sent the card to Technical Workshops (the only Avid official repairer in Australia)
Also in the previous post is the customer support number.

Please read the previous post as you reply indicates that you didn’t.

What is of importance is that 2023.6 was running smoothly, until I Avid link initiated the download of the HD 2023.6 driver and instructed the installation of said driver.
It was after the reboot of the installation of the HD 2923.6 driver ( before the acknowledgment that Avid realised it was faulty and publicly announced their error) that the escalation of errors/failures occurred.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-02-2023, 07:53 AM
marianna's Avatar
marianna marianna is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Apollo Beach Florida
Posts: 601
Default Re: PT Ultimate 2023.6 HD Driver Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rigby View Post
Thanks for your reply.
As I stated in my reply, I rolled back north the driver and the PT version .
Twice,,…. Deleted my preferences and reinstalled.
The -6001 errors continued.
This led me to interrogate the hardware via PT .
As mentioned in my post the Sync HD had disappeared as did one of the 192 boxes.
This led me to Digi test as part of the trouble shooting.
The HDX card failed whilst connected to the 2 192 and 1 96 I/O boxes.
I disconnected these peripherals and rebooted and ran digi tested the HDX card which also failed.
I cannot run the sudo test as I have sent the card to Technical Workshops (the only Avid official repairer in Australia)
Also in the previous post is the customer support number.

Please read the previous post as you reply indicates that you didn’t.

What is of importance is that 2023.6 was running smoothly, until I Avid link initiated the download of the HD 2023.6 driver and instructed the installation of said driver.

It was after the reboot of the installation of the HD 2923.6 driver ( before the acknowledgment that Avid realised it was faulty and publicly announced their error) that the escalation of errors/failures occurred.
No need to be "rude" Bill Rigby as Im sure you have never scanned a message quickly and missed something. I understand this has been ongoing and you are very frustrated - I have found the case # being worked on so let me escalate it and see where it stands now with Technical Workshops / Avid and getting the card taken care of. I have alerted the team on duty this weekend and the holiday to see if we can assist.

Marianna
__________________
Marianna Montague
Sr. Dir. CX and Community | Customer Advocate

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna


We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PT Ultimate 2023.6 hd driver bug kinghand Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) 59 09-27-2023 05:27 AM
Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.6 - Long duration session recording leoaudio13 Pro Tools 11 06-11-2023 01:31 PM
Issue with transport setting on Ultimate 2023.3.0 Zarabozo Pro Tools 3 06-08-2023 11:12 AM
Ultimate 2023.3.0 Not Pasting Audio On Frame Correctly chadjhughes Pro Tools 3 05-21-2023 01:42 PM
Avid removed the Windows driver 1.1.10? [resolved] breathwater FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win) 1 11-18-2014 09:46 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com