Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-20-2023, 02:34 PM
MCorbin's Avatar
MCorbin MCorbin is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 195
Default DADman 5.6.9 Now Available

DADman 5.6.9 was released today to support the forthcoming Pro Tools | MTRX II.

It also brings with it some notable features as well:

Clone Setting
It is now possible to clone (copy) settings from one unit to another. Either between two connected units or by extracting the settings from a settings file and applying these to a connected unit. Cloning is only allowed between units within the same family.


Support for DADLink

DADLink is a new proprietary interface by DAD. It uses the Madi Mini Module equipped with optical SFP modules to transfer up to 128 channels @ 48 kHz, 64 channels @ 96 kHz or 32 channels @ 192 kHz per link.

Thunder|Core Thunderbolt 3 ASIO driver released for Windows with a stand-alone configuration application.
Bug fixes
• Minor bug fixes in DADman
• Minor bug fixes and performance improvements

For more information, see below:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...anreleasenotes
__________________
Mark Corbin
Avid
Sr Principal Product Manager
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-20-2023, 04:20 PM
uptheoctave uptheoctave is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 719
Default Re: DADman 5.6.9 Now Availible

Where can the V1.1.26 Thundercore drivers be downloaded?

They aren't on DAD's website.
__________________
James Richmond
https://www.jamesrichmond.com

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting

Last edited by uptheoctave; 06-21-2023 at 06:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-21-2023, 06:23 AM
creativecontrol's Avatar
creativecontrol creativecontrol is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,239
Default Re: DADman 5.6.9 Now Availible

Yes, the DADman update is recommended for all owners of a MTRX Family device.

best,


Jeff
__________________
Jeff Komar
Solutions
S6 FAQ
MTRX FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-21-2023, 06:44 AM
MCorbin's Avatar
MCorbin MCorbin is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 195
Default Re: DADman 5.6.9 Now Availible

I'm not sure what their release schedule is, but I would expect it to be forthcoming soon. We'll be posting Thundercore drivers once our Thunderbolt 3 modules are shipping in Q3.

m
__________________
Mark Corbin
Avid
Sr Principal Product Manager
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-21-2023, 08:11 AM
gives's Avatar
gives gives is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,846
Default Re: DADman 5.6.9 Now Availible

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Yes, the DADman update is recommended for all owners of a MTRX Family device.

best,


Jeff
YAY! looking at doing it while I am off for a couple of weeks. Also want to upgrade to the new MTRXII unit. Ping me about that JK.
Is there a trade-in my 2yr old MTRX or just sell the old unit?
G
__________________
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2023, 09:16 AM
IrelandM IrelandM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Dundonald Northern Ireland
Posts: 225
Default Re: DADman 5.6.9 Now Availible

Hi everyone,

Is there a firmware update required for use with the MTRX Studio and DADMan 5.6.9.1.
Also could Avid include a release date / time within user's accounts.

Regards
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-2023, 07:51 PM
asm's Avatar
asm asm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 92
Default DADman 5.6.9 Now Availible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
Support for DADLink
DADLink is a new proprietary interface by DAD. It uses the Madi Mini Module equipped with optical SFP modules to transfer up to 128 channels @ 48 kHz, 64 channels @ 96 kHz or 32 channels @ 192 kHz per link.
Can you say more about this? I can’t find any info on the DAD website

Thanks
__________________
Andrew Mittelman
www.soundgeneration.net
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-23-2023, 04:43 AM
creativecontrol's Avatar
creativecontrol creativecontrol is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,239
Default Re: DADman 5.6.9 Now Availible

There is more discussion of this in the release notes.

https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi...ease_Notes.pdf


DADLink is the evolution of the Hotlink protocol that has been on NTP devices for some time - which increases the data rate using optical MADI SFPs, but was always fixed at 48kHz. DADLink provides support for higher sample rates with reduced channel count, and is a viable way to link multiple MTRX II devices.

best,


Jeff
__________________
Jeff Komar
Solutions
S6 FAQ
MTRX FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-26-2023, 01:38 PM
uptheoctave uptheoctave is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 719
Default Re: DADman 5.6.9 Now Availible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
DADman 5.6.9 was released today to support the forthcoming Pro Tools | MTRX II.

It also brings with it some notable features as well:

Clone Setting
It is now possible to clone (copy) settings from one unit to another. Either between two connected units or by extracting the settings from a settings file and applying these to a connected unit. Cloning is only allowed between units within the same family.


Support for DADLink

DADLink is a new proprietary interface by DAD. It uses the Madi Mini Module equipped with optical SFP modules to transfer up to 128 channels @ 48 kHz, 64 channels @ 96 kHz or 32 channels @ 192 kHz per link.

Thunder|Core Thunderbolt 3 ASIO driver released for Windows with a stand-alone configuration application.
Bug fixes
• Minor bug fixes in DADman
• Minor bug fixes and performance improvements

For more information, see below:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...anreleasenotes
Will Dadlink work with MTRX (1) as well as 2?
__________________
James Richmond
https://www.jamesrichmond.com

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-03-2023, 06:48 AM
creativecontrol's Avatar
creativecontrol creativecontrol is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,239
Default Re: DADman 5.6.9 Now Availible

The 1.1.26 driver is now accessible from the NTP site.

https://www.digitalaudiosupport.com/...audio-drivers/


best,


Jeff


Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
Where can the V1.1.26 Thundercore drivers be downloaded?

They aren't on DAD's website.
__________________
Jeff Komar
Solutions
S6 FAQ
MTRX FAQ
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DADman v5.6.5.1 Now Available creativecontrol Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio 0 12-01-2022 09:00 AM
protools 10 not availible anymore? chalz2502 macOS 2 02-03-2014 01:31 PM
are there any fixed bugfixes f t-racks availible?? gregor rasek 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 3 02-11-2004 06:39 AM
Shouldn´t be PT LE 6.1 not long since be availible?? clusterer 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 0 05-15-2003 06:16 AM
Auto-Tune 3 update availible Michael Logue Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 0 10-09-2001 03:27 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com