Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-13-2010, 09:05 PM

Default MIDI Interface Trouble in Pro Tools on Win 7

Hey all.

I've been having a hell of a time switching from Logic Pro on my Mac to Pro Tools on a new PC. My latest challenge is getting my M-Audio Axiom 25 to work with Pro Tools. I am running Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion with an MBox 2.

I am connecting via USB, and I have confirmed via Device Manager that the driver is installed correctly. Nevertheless, Pro Tools doesn't seem to be reading it.

I'm new to Pro Tools, so all I know is what the manuals tell me, and the manuals tell me that if I go to the Setup > MIDI > MIDI Studio then MSS will automatically read my device, but it does not. Neither does it show a USB port as a potential lead in.

I'm really hoping that I'm just making a simple oversight and that it's my inexperience that is the source of the problem, and not something wrong with the entire system. If any of you with more experience have words of wisdom, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:11 AM

Default Re: MIDI Interface Trouble in Pro Tools on Win 7

I don't have any experience with the Axiom, but have looked at purchasing one. I thought that i had read here somewhere that the only one that works with PT's is the PRO version??? Not sure, possibly yours is??? But anyway anyone know or remember reading this? (I'll try and do a search, see what comes up.)

Good luck,,,,,,, Mike
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz | Asus Z97-Pro LGA 1150 Intel 6Gb | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2400 | Asus GT640 Silent 2 GB GDDR3 | Samsung 850 Pro SSD's, WD Caviar Black HDD's | PSU Corsair 750W ATX12V | Windows 10 | Presonus Studio One | 003R PT's 12.8 | Waves Platinum | Ivory/Piano | Berlin Woodwinds, Nocturne Solo Violin | SPITFIRE Solo Strings | EastWest Hollywood Strings, Brass, Pro Drummer, and Stormdrum 2 | VSL | Vienna Ensemble Pro | M-Audio Code 61, FaderPort 8 |
Old 01-14-2010, 08:39 AM

Benoni-

Thanks for the reply! I've immediately been able to make a step forward. I ran PT as an administrator and was able to locate the M-Audio Axiom as an input device under Setup > MIDI > Input Devices. However, it still wasn't read by Setup > MIDI > MIDI Studio Setup. I am able to select the Axiom as my Input Select and I have tried both the Axiom output and the MBox output, but both result in no sound. Do I need to restart? Is there something else I'm missing? Thank again!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 PM

I apologize, I should have been more specific.

When I say there is no sound, what I mean is that when I play the keyboard PT does not acknowledge that there is any signal input. That means that I cannot record MIDI.

Upon a more thorough investigation, I found that two (consecutive) of the keys on the Axiom 25 actually do send a signal. But two keys in a 12-tone octave are not all that helpful. Any more thoughts, anyone? Device Manager still says that the device is working fine.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:55 AM

*bump*

No other ideas? It's getting really old just playing F and F# over and over again. Thanks!